Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Ricoh MP 5500-8000 Series, Quality Problem, Toner or Drum???

Hello

We have a lot of Ricoh Aficio MP series machines in the field, from the 5500 to the 8000, last year everything was ok, some small problems but nothing else. Now this year a lot of machines comes out with bad print quality, light copies,blurred copies, all the machines with the same problems, when you make a copy, the thin lines are not shaped, but light and uneven......when you make a sky shot the copy is full with what we call "white clouds", if you open the machine to clean it,the Drum unit is full of toner that sometimes smears over the drum.......Now my question is, since last year we changed only two things in our company: We replaces the Ricoh Original D09 Drum, with Ricoh ORIGINAL D58 Drums, and we changed the Toner from Ricoh ORIGINAL TYPE 6210 to Ricoh ORIGINAL Type 9002.........and the problems appears after that.
    No one of the machines reaches the target for the Developer, in some cases the light copies starts 100.000 copies AFTER the Developer Change. Last month we started to clean all the Mag rollers with a steel brush and the problem disappears in some machines.......can it be a bad toner?????, or is the Drum the culprit???.
    The Toners are MADE IN FRANCE.Did someone experienced similar problems??
    Thank you.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MP 5500-8000 Series, Quality Problem, Toner or Drum???

The 9002 toner is the issue. Ricoh are aware of it.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Hello tonerMunkeh
    Are you sure that ricoh knows it?, did you experienced similar problems?
    Memento Audere Semper

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Yep. Any Martini running this toner puffs like mad.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Thank you

Anyone else had problems with the TYPE 9002 toner??? Is there a comunication from ricoh about this problems??

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 5500-8000 Series, Quality Problem, Toner or Drum???

Here in the US the 9002 uses the same toner (841332, type 6110D) as the entire family has used for years. However there is a TSB for the machines running dirty. It has to do with running to many pages with low fill on the page. TSB D131/D132/D133 008. There is also known issues with developer units as well. check sp 8851 for % of fill rates. I've followed the TSB on several machines and it does help.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Hello Tonerbomb, thank you. In Europe if we order the type 6210 they deliver type 9002 toner... In our case made in france, and we have a lot of problems... Light copies, even in machines with developer that made only 100.000 copies..... Then if i clean the mag rollers with a steel brush the problem disappears for a while... And then back again.... For me it's the toner.... We changed only two thi gs from last year to now: the D58 drum instead of the D53.....and the toner....
    Memento Audere Semper

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Just a casual observation - the mag roller on those machines must be more durable that the machines I've worked on. They told us that if those mag rollers got scratched up enough, we were doomed to buy a new one.
    I apparently never scratched one up that badly, so I don't know what happens.

After the cleaning with the steel brush the quality turns from light copies to dark black.... I think it's a problem of filming on the mag rollers caused by the toner, but I'm not sure. I remember the old 2045 where the rollers become black after a while, but on this machines it's different, no black mag rollers,it seems they loose their magnetism and after the cleaning they got it back...
    Memento Audere Semper

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    Hello

We have a lot of Ricoh Aficio MP series machines in the field, from the 5500 to the 8000, last year everything was ok, some small problems but nothing else. Now this year a lot of machines comes out with bad print quality, light copies,blurred copies, all the machines with the same problems, when you make a copy, the thin lines are not shaped, but light and uneven......when you make a sky shot the copy is full with what we call "white clouds", if you open the machine to clean it,the Drum unit is full of toner that sometimes smears over the drum.......Now my question is, since last year we changed only two things in our company: We replaces the Ricoh Original D09 Drum, with Ricoh ORIGINAL D58 Drums, and we changed the Toner from Ricoh ORIGINAL TYPE 6210 to Ricoh ORIGINAL Type 9002.........and the problems appears after that.
    No one of the machines reaches the target for the Developer, in some cases the light copies starts 100.000 copies AFTER the Developer Change. Last month we started to clean all the Mag rollers with a steel brush and the problem disappears in some machines.......can it be a bad toner?????, or is the Drum the culprit???.
    The Toners are MADE IN FRANCE.Did someone experienced similar problems??
    Thank you.
    Sounds like damp paper! Is it humid there ?