Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

MPC2551 J057 in bypass with envelopes

Got a C2551 with the bypass priority set to Driver/Command in Printer Features. When printing a single envelope it passes fine, but on multiples the first one will stop halfway through the fuser, with the second envelope at the registration roller.

Played around with priority settings, tried locking in the envelope size in paper tray settings, but this behavior stays the same.

What am I missing, guys?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

Re: MPC2551 J057 in bypass with envelopes

Quote Originally Posted by Athlontini View Post
    Got a C2551 with the bypass priority set to Driver/Command in Printer Features. When printing a single envelope it passes fine, but on multiples the first one will stop halfway through the fuser, with the second envelope at the registration roller.

Played around with priority settings, tried locking in the envelope size in paper tray settings, but this behavior stays the same.

What am I missing, guys?
    Have you customized the paper size setting? Try other paper size orientation in the bypass tray. If you set the envelope in portrait orientation and it doesn't work, try landscape.

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

I didn't try a custom size, since the envelope size (Monarch) that they have selected in their driver already existed in the User Tool presets. I just selected that instead.

When I go back there, I'll try changing the orientation.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Weirdest thing about printing on envelopes, you have a machine that was specifically designed to feed one thickness of paper only on purpose, and to feed envelopes properly the machine will be required to feed more than one thickness of paper.
    Therefore, unless that machine has the optional dedicated envelope feeder installed (if there is one available for it), the ability of the machine to feed envelopes is entirely based upon the quality of the envelopes that are in the bypass tray. There are no adjustments to do or parts to replace that will change this. At least as long as bypass feeds well when not trying to feed envelopes.
    For some time I have had the opportunity to beat my brains out working on this very issue on a wide variety of equipment, for what it is worth.