Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Ricoh 2045e can't Browse on Vista??

Have anybody got a answer to my problem that when trying to scan to file(scan to smb) or browse a VISTA platform it does not work at all..hot fix done still to no avail it works great on XP but not on any VISTA platform..do i miss out something here..if this model doesn't work on vista?? pls anybody got a clue here??tks...

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    I'm not 100% sure but I think this models controller may be to old to work with the newer version of samba that Vista uses.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Technician
    zkafs make sure you have the latest firmware on that device and make sure your Windows Vista has SP1 installed on it. Also open the local comptuer policy on the Vista box and go into: Computer Configuration:Windows Settings: Local Policies: Security Options: and look for "Microsoft Network Client: Digitally sign communications". I believe you have to disable just this one to get SMB to work. If not then also disable the other Digitally sign communications GP options. Do them one at a time though. First check to see if the latest firmware fixes the problem.

Technician
    You are just wasting your time trying to make it work with Vista. Ricoh wont have the software update out for another 3-6 months.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

I'm afraid Lakeman is right, the network firmware for that model hasnt been updated since Christ was a mess cook.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Technician
    zkafs If this hasn't been fixed and has no plans to be then I would recommend just doing this portion:

Get Windows Vista SP1 installed on it. Also open the local comptuer policy on the Vista box and go into: Computer Configuration:Windows Settings: Local Policies: Security Options: and look for "Microsoft Network Client: Digitally sign communications".

I know we have a 2045e in the lab somewhere I'm just a bit busy now but if it is as old as dirt then I doubt there is a firmware fix for your problem

guys thanks a lot for the feed back..i appreciate it..this machines work great on Xp so to solve the problem i ask the customer to use scan to the own e-mail and they don't mind at all..solve all the problem anyway. All Tech have to find alternative ways in order to survive..dun u think so..cheers guys..

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Yep, sometimes u just have to be creative. U are lucky to have a customer who will work with you.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

bhugol
    u have to enable netbios over tcp/ip, then turn file sharing on then it'll work