Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts glenbennett's Avatar

Ricoh Aficio MP 161 Drivers

Hello

Today I tried to install A Aficio MP 161 , However the client had windows XP and I could not find drivers... What drivers might I look for that will act as a replacement for XP drivers.. What drivers are compatible?

Also when I did hook up the machine with a USB it only found PS drivers I don't know if thats ok.. when I hit test page it started to spit out about 30 pages of"Pages of Fonts and DOS and Gibberish... Is there a setting I need to go into to this problem and also I remember it kept on flashing on LCD screen will not print in DHCP mode can I go into settings and change this? What is Admin password so that I may get into network settings of this machine?

Thank You
    Glen

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio MP 161 Drivers

Re: Ricoh Aficio MP 161 Drivers

Try the Vista drivers. Ricoh discontinued driver support for XP a few months ago.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Aficio MP 161 Drivers

Sounds like the machine does not have the PostScript option (which you have to buy.).

You will need PCL or possibly RPCS drivers. You can get output with the HP LaserJet 5 driver (comes with Windows), but you won't be able to use any extended functionality.

Also, tell the customer they need to get rid of XP. Nobody supports it, and it's a security risk, as there are no more updates available for it. Supporting it is NOT your problem; they will need to understand that it's on them if the machine will not do what they want it to, let alone reliably.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins