Ricoh SP C811DN toner pump - fixed my "add toner" issue

I have an eight-year-old SP C811 DN with about 250,000 pages that has been trouble-free until a few days ago when it ran out of black toner in the middle of a long job (4000 pagesą). I put a new (genuine) black toner cartridge in and it continued to say that it was out of toner. I turned it on and off a few times and it still complained, so I put in a new black drum (it was about due for one) but that didn't help, either.

I found a bunch of threads on here about bad black toner pumps on other Ricoh/Savin/etc. models but nothing specifically about the SP C811DN, so I ordered one from Precision Roller for $100, put it in and it worked! I had a brief moment of panic when I turned it on and it asked for toner again, but I turned it off and on one more time, and it did the toner initialization process again and it working fine now.

This site is awesome - I just wanted to make this post and put in a bunch of keywords so others with the same model will be able to find out about and fix this problem in the future.

Here is the part I ordered. It comes out with two screws, popping off the hose and un-doing two clips for the wire.
    Ricoh Aficio SP C811DN Black Pump Unit, Genuine (B7332)

Technician

Thumbs up Re: Ricoh SP C811DN toner pump - fixed my "add toner" issue

Glad your information to me happened to me something like the Ricoh spc820 with pump yellow in my case it was only the hose that was thick with only safarla and blow fix the problem, no tube to change the pump, I recommend this site sell parts more economical,

with this video I learned how to disassemble and clean the hose.

Ricoh B2233211 Toner Pump Black - Other part numbers B2233255, B223-3211, B223-3255 - For use in Gestetner DSc53545 C7640ND Lanier LD435c LD445c LP440C Ricoh MP C3500 MP C4500 SP C811DN Savin C3535 C4540 CLP240D

greetings and good luck