Technician

Cool Ricoh MP C2800 replace black cartridge and now Error SC 360

Hello experts, I have only worked on HP MFPs and have no idea about other manufacturers. I bought a used Ricoh Aficio MP C2800 (very impressive control panel and print speed) and after one month of use it gave an error asking to replace black cartridge, I replaced the black toner with a brand new one but error remained. I search here on copytechnet and figured out that may be black toner pump isn't working properly. So I downloaded the service manual and took the pump out. I vacuumed all the toner thinking that may be some toner is blocking the pipes. No luck!, then I figured out how to disable toner check in service menu. so I disabled the black toner check. machine has worked fine for another month. Now I am getting SC360 Functional problem within the copier message. I tried power cycling the machine but no luck. I have downloaded the Goose' Guide and SC360 refers to mainly HDD fault and there is only one error referring to "Replace defective toner pump. D0143359 TONER SUPPLY UNIT:ASS'Y".
    I don't want to invest in replacement pump unless I am sure that it will resolve this issue.
    I hope a ricoh expert can help me resolve this issue.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP C2800 replace black cartridge and now Error SC 360

Well what else to say. You've did everyting you could for that to happen. SC360 is black TD sensor error. Disabling the call for toner the machine has used developer instead of correct mix of toner and dev and now its calling for help. First change developer, initialize it. Replace toner pump and the machine will be good to go. That's my 0.02$

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by skynetto View Post
    Well what else to say. You've did everyting you could for that to happen. SC360 is black TD sensor error. Disabling the call for toner the machine has used developer instead of correct mix of toner and dev and now its calling for help. First change developer, initialize it. Replace toner pump and the machine will be good to go. That's my 0.02$
    Thanks a lot skynetto, one more question, do I have to change the developer? if the original problem was the black toner pump then replacing pump should resolve the issue or am I missing something?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

You can start by replacing the pump. If sc360 persist and/or you notice light prints it means that developer is gone.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by skynetto View Post
    You can start by replacing the pump. If sc360 persist and/or you notice light prints it means that developer is gone.
    Thanks a lot, Really appreciate your quick replied, do I need to perform any initializations in SC menu after replacing the pump? sorry but I am totally new to Ricoh machines.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Captain Scott's Avatar

Remember to change that SP mode setting from fixed back to the TD sensor. The pumps are interchangeable if you leave the pipe in place. You could vac one of the colour pumps out and swap it with the black. That's the I'm not going to spend any money way of seeing if the Dev is done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk