Thread: Ricoh 1612

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts angelntx's Avatar

Ricoh 1612

Have a Ricoh 1612 with an E3 error code. Have no manuals nor idea where to start. Before you ask I am a Canon tech tasked with working on this desktop so no judging.

angelntx

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 1612

Re: Ricoh 1612

I am not familiar with that model number. If you could provide the type of machine and the product code that is on the serial number plate. It will be a letter followed by a 3 digit number.

Depending on the type and model of machine, E3 could be just about anything. If it has only a 2 digit numeric display, it is possibly the first 2 digit of the full error code. How to display the remainder varies by model.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh 1612

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I am not familiar with that model number. If you could provide the type of machine and the product code that is on the serial number plate. It will be a letter followed by a 3 digit number.

Depending on the type and model of machine, E3 could be just about anything. If it has only a 2 digit numeric display, it is possibly the first 2 digit of the full error code. How to display the remainder varies by model.
    Just a guess....Is it a Ricoh/IBM Infoprint 1612 (Lexmark E352) you're referring to??
    Manuals are very easy to find on line.
    That said, I've not seen an error message anything like that on any IBM's I've worked on, nor can I find it in the manual I have.

A little more info please....

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh 1612

if this is some kind of a fax machine than E3 would be on the trans report or journal, and that would indicate hang up or line failure........
    Mystic Crystal Revelations