ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

C3300/ld533 duplex jam 25

The first call was for jamming. the guide plate fro the tray 2 paper to enter the vertical transport was broke. I changed it. Codes for thermister, I found the fuser belt crinkling, so I changed it. Jams duplexing...

I have changed the 1 was gear on the belts, changed the photocell at the bottom rear, under the transfer assembly. In tech mode the photocell and the motors test ok. There is no mark on the lead edge as if it were hitting something. The paper stops with about 2 inches showing behind the duplex assembly and the lead edge covering the photocell. I called tech support and they are stuck on the photocell. Any ideas?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: C3300/ld533 duplex jam 25

check guides in duplex unit

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Just because a sensor passes a static test does not mean it is good. As sensor get old, there is a delay factor in changing that increases. That delay combined with possible slippage of the duplex transport rollers can cause the detection of the lead edge to be too late for the jam detect timing. Clean all rollers in the duplex unit and if that does not correct the problem, replace the sensor.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

The upper duplex guide can warp with the heat of the fuser. D0294580. It causes 24 and 25 jams.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Just because a sensor passes a static test does not mean it is good. As sensor get old, there is a delay factor in changing that increases. That delay combined with possible slippage of the duplex transport rollers can cause the detection of the lead edge to be too late for the jam detect timing. Clean all rollers in the duplex unit and if that does not correct the problem, replace the sensor.
    To continue this thought, the definitive test on any photointerrupter is monitoring the DC voltage signal coming back to the controller. As you already know, sensors can become intermittent if they are bathed in toner, fuser oil, or both (yuk!), or may become unreliable when exposed to heat like near a fuser. You can expect you high signal level to be from 3.5 to 5.1 vdc (preferably closer to 5), and low signal to be 0.1 vdc. Watching that value change can be telling. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TheBlueOrleans's Avatar

Chiming in, I've got the same issue, same model. C3300 duplex jam J025.
    I've cleaned the transport rollers in the entire duplex assembly, every group of rollers I could find in that whole blasted thing I cleaned them with "citrus solvent" ("concentrated evil", or "headache juice") and wiped them off with a wet rag as I have been instructed to do.
    I have replaced the duplex exit sensor.
    I have replaced the duplex entrance sensor on advice from another tech, for some reason.
    I have replaced the duplex drive clutch.
    The upper guide for the duplex path has been replaced in its entirety, not just the top guide.

I'm running out of ideas. This machine is a few years old, the majority of the parts in the right side door are brand new and clean, but it will still throw an intermittent J025 in the middle of a large duplex job, exactly as it has for the past three years or more, according to the customer.

Is it time to sell swings with a sledgehammer to raise funds for a new machine?
    Somewhere there is a tree working hard to produce oxygen for you to live, NOW GO APOLOGIZE TO IT!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueOrleans View Post
    Chiming in, I've got the same issue, same model. C3300 duplex jam J025.
    I've cleaned the transport rollers in the entire duplex assembly, every group of rollers I could find in that whole blasted thing I cleaned them with "citrus solvent" ("concentrated evil", or "headache juice") and wiped them off with a wet rag as I have been instructed to do.
    I have replaced the duplex exit sensor.
    I have replaced the duplex entrance sensor on advice from another tech, for some reason.
    I have replaced the duplex drive clutch.
    The upper guide for the duplex path has been replaced in its entirety, not just the top guide.

I'm running out of ideas. This machine is a few years old, the majority of the parts in the right side door are brand new and clean, but it will still throw an intermittent J025 in the middle of a large duplex job, exactly as it has for the past three years or more, according to the customer.

Is it time to sell swings with a sledgehammer to raise funds for a new machine?
    have you tried to clean the oneway clutches, or better replace them?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I am sorry i did not update this. I cannot remember what fixed it. I probabyl swapped the whole door in process of troubleshooting. Ricoh makes that easy enough. That elimanates a lot of things if you still have the issue. Did you clear the engine ramm?
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking