ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

C3300/ld533 duplex jam 25

The first call was for jamming. the guide plate fro the tray 2 paper to enter the vertical transport was broke. I changed it. Codes for thermister, I found the fuser belt crinkling, so I changed it. Jams duplexing...

I have changed the 1 was gear on the belts, changed the photocell at the bottom rear, under the transfer assembly. In tech mode the photocell and the motors test ok. There is no mark on the lead edge as if it were hitting something. The paper stops with about 2 inches showing behind the duplex assembly and the lead edge covering the photocell. I called tech support and they are stuck on the photocell. Any ideas?

Democracy is still the worst form of government, except for all the rest of them.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: C3300/ld533 duplex jam 25

check guides in duplex unit

Just because a sensor passes a static test does not mean it is good. As sensor get old, there is a delay factor in changing that increases. That delay combined with possible slippage of the duplex transport rollers can cause the detection of the lead edge to be too late for the jam detect timing. Clean all rollers in the duplex unit and if that does not correct the problem, replace the sensor.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

The upper duplex guide can warp with the heat of the fuser. D0294580. It causes 24 and 25 jams.

Computers are serious tools, Michael!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    C3300/ld533 duplex jam 25

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Just because a sensor passes a static test does not mean it is good. As sensor get old, there is a delay factor in changing that increases. That delay combined with possible slippage of the duplex transport rollers can cause the detection of the lead edge to be too late for the jam detect timing. Clean all rollers in the duplex unit and if that does not correct the problem, replace the sensor.
    To continue this thought, the definitive test on any photointerrupter is monitoring the DC voltage signal coming back to the controller. As you already know, sensors can become intermittent if they are bathed in toner, fuser oil, or both (yuk!), or may become unreliable when exposed to heat like near a fuser. You can expect you high signal level to be from 3.5 to 5.1 vdc (preferably closer to 5), and low signal to be 0.1 vdc. Watching that value change can be telling. =^..^=

If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=