Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    patricksull

sc544 error code on Ricoh 5200dn

Hello

I have a Ricoh 5200dn that has approximately 30k on the counter. I just received this error code on the lcd. I have tried a couple things:

replace fusing unit (maintenance kit)
    pressing escape+button directly above during power up (read this in a google search)

Neither worked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: sc544 error code on Ricoh 5200dn

In replacing the fusing unit maintenance kit, you have probably corrected the cause of the problem, a little over kill as it was possibly a five dollar or less part in the fusing unit. Now the Service Code needs to be replaced. This will require a qualified tech to come to your location and run the fusing code reset service program. The tech can then also determine if it was the fusing unit that was bad or if the machine might have a bad controller board.

patricksull

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    This will require a qualified tech to come to your location and run the fusing code reset service program. The tech can then also determine if it was the fusing unit that was bad or if the machine might have a bad controller board.
    Really? There is no way around that? That seems costly to have a technician come out to my rural home to reset an error code on a printer that is no longer in warranty. So, even if this fix only required the $5 part, I'll spend who knows how much to have a tech come out? Is there a technician tool I can purchase that allows me to reset codes like this? Also, curious how to take that fusing unit apart to test if it was only a $5 part?

Thanks for the quick response and information slimslob!
    Last edited by patricksull; 09-08-2016 at 09:41 PM.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

It is better to have a qualified tech come out than to run the wrong service program and crater a $500+ board.