Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

@Remote Enterprise Pro

Hey all!

First, I'd like to start by saying that I have no certifications and that I was kind of just thrown into a role of supporting this solution. I used to work for a company that uses @REP to monitor their Ricoh fleet in North America. I have since left that company and their preferred IT vendor is a client of mine. Well, they found out that I am now freelancing and still need me to support their @REP server.

The problem I am facing is that a small handful of these machines are not registering correctly with @REP. I am not sure of the information you all need to assist, so please let me know. I have attached a screen shot of what I am talking about.

Inccorect registration.jpg
    I have confirmed that SNMP is enabled. They use SNMP v1. Out of a little over 1000 machines, there are like 10 or so that are doing this. I have confirmed with their NOC that these locations are not blocking any SNMP ports on the VLAN that these machines are on. Ricoh has given me a tad bit of help and one of their suggestions is to send someone to site to clear SNMP at the machine. Did that and nothing.

I greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you in advance!

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Re: @Remote Enterprise Pro

• The Printer is directly on the network, not connected to a print server
    • The Printer has SNMP enabled
    • The Printer has public as it's SNMP community name
    • The Printer is on a network segment that is being discovered

Hard to say with limited information at hand.

Can you ping and get to the web interface of these printers from your location?

Technician

Sorry for the delay.

It is directly connected to the network. It is being NAT'ed. No print servers anywhere. I can ping it, access the web interface and SNMP is enabled. It has a public IP and SNMP is NOT being blocked. I don't know if it is is on a segment that is being discovered. We manually add each Ricoh so that may not apply? It also has the community name. In this case, we use RSMWDMEX.

Aside from "deleting" the printer, is there a way within @REP to completely remove anything and everything regarding this printer? Basically make it forget about this machine completely?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    @Remote Enterprise Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jsteg1981 View Post
    Sorry for the delay.

It is directly connected to the network. It is being NAT'ed. No print servers anywhere. I can ping it, access the web interface and SNMP is enabled. It has a public IP and SNMP is NOT being blocked. I don't know if it is is on a segment that is being discovered. We manually add each Ricoh so that may not apply? It also has the community name. In this case, we use RSMWDMEX.

Aside from "deleting" the printer, is there a way within @REP to completely remove anything and everything regarding this printer? Basically make it forget about this machine completely?
    If it is on a public IP address, then it most likely is not on a segment that is being discovered. A public address is accessible to the entire internet. It needs to be on a local IP address, that is unless you want to try to discover ever printer in the world, which could take a few days.

Technician

I understand the difference between public and private IP's. This company has the @REP server on a machine in the UK, while these machines are all in the US and Canada. They have no direct VPN tunnels to that server, so the private IP's will not work. We have been manually adding each Ricoh to the server via the public IP for years.

As I stated in my first post, there are a little over 1000 printers registered with this solution and about 10 or so that are not registered correctly. All of the machines that are registered with this solution are registered via their public IP addresses.

I wish I knew what more information I could provide to help more, but this is not my specialty...

Again, thanks for the responses. Hopefully we can figure this out soon. Unfortunately, since this company is not paying for this solution, Ricoh provides limited assistance.

Technician

Here is a screenshot of the @REP. I have blacked out the IP's, but left a little showing to show we are using the public IP's. Hope this helps.

Oh yeah, my count was inaccurate. Over 30 that are not registering correctly.

Incorrect Registration Example.jpg

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    @Remote Enterprise Pro

Are you sure this is pro and not a basil box, as your 2nd image reveals 1-1000/1025 items showing

Which indicates to me you can only log max 1000 devices.

Technician

Here is the next page. 1001 through 1025

Incorrect Registration Example 2.jpg

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    @Remote Enterprise Pro

How much memory is installed and are they using the optional @Remote Connector. The service manual specifies that the maximum number of devices to be managed is 100 standard and 1000 when optional DIMM is installed. White paper specifies that memory requirement is 1GB or more or 2MB when managing 1000+ devices or 5000 when the optional @Remote Connector is used.

Technician

Again, my apologies for the delay. I have been busier than a one eyed cat watching two mouse holes.

No @Remote connector. The server has 4 GB of RAM.