Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    15

    mpc2050 scan to folder on Mac

    Hi,
    Mac 10.10.5 Yosemite.
    The Ricoh firmware is updated.
    Printing and scanning to email works good.
    On the c2050, we actually see the hosts in the network. We can contact the router, but cannot make contact with any host.
    Although pinging with these hosts is ok.
    How can we activate smb scanning?
    I know there has been treads with this question before and we tried them out, but they didn't help, so...
    Thank you very much in advance for your help!
    Greetings,
    Mark


  2. #2
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    6,882
    Rep Power
    148

    Re: mpc2050 scan to folder on Mac

    SMB service might not be implemented on the MAC. qbert60 posted this link to a thread in Connectivity.
    SMBUp – eduo.info


  3. #3
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: mpc2050 scan to folder on Mac

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    SMB service might not be implemented on the MAC. qbert60 posted this link to a thread in Connectivity.
    SMBUp eduo.info
    Dear Slimslob,
    We will try this out next week.
    In the meanwhile thank you for the input.
    Greetings,
    Mark


  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    milano
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: mpc2050 scan to folder on Mac

    Hi! We had the same problem, you can try with ftp scan, it usually works.
    Open 'terminal' and write : sudo -s launchctl load -w /System/Library/launchDaemons/ftp.plist
    then insert the mac password and ftp will be able to work.
    Set the destination in the address book like an ftp destination.
    Greetings!


  5. #5
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: mpc2050 scan to folder on Mac

    Quote Originally Posted by fdmarty View Post
    Hi! We had the same problem, you can try with ftp scan, it usually works.
    Open 'terminal' and write : sudo -s launchctl load -w /System/Library/launchDaemons/ftp.plist
    then insert the mac password and ftp will be able to work.
    Set the destination in the address book like an ftp destination.
    Greetings!
    Indeed, I have found this also on this website.
    We have already tried this, no good.


  6. #6
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    2,926
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: mpc2050 scan to folder on Mac

    I think the hostname of the Mac can be no more than 15 characters.

    I had one that was 16. We saw it, but the scans failed.

    Rather than shortening the Mac's hostname, try replacing it with its IP address, instead, at least as a test.

    I say as a test, because if the Mac is set for DHCP, the scans will start failing the first time the address changes.

    So, just when is this "old enough to know better" thing supposed to kick in?

  7. #7
    It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,146
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: mpc2050 scan to folder on Mac

    You have to lower the security requirement and disable SMB digital signed packets via terminal commands on the Mac and then higher the NTLM level used on a supported Ricoh model via telnet.

    It's a total ball ache lol, but it works.


  8. #8
    The New Guy 1,000+ Posts ruben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: mpc2050 scan to folder on Mac

    Another alternative, if there is an internet connection, is to scan to email. Either to a private port 25 server, or GMX.

    Or, failing all that, you can scan directly to a USB stick/dongle on this model. It needs to be enabled in Scanner SP first.

    Seeing as you already have scan to email, they may have to just use that.


  9. #9
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    6,882
    Rep Power
    148

    Re: mpc2050 scan to folder on Mac

    Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Another alternative, if there is an internet connection, is to scan to email. Either to a private port 25 server, or GMX.

    Or, failing all that, you can scan directly to a USB stick/dongle on this model. It needs to be enabled in Scanner SP first.

    Seeing as you already have scan to email, they may have to just use that.
    I believe that scan to a memory device on this old a model requires the installation of the USB attachment option, USB2.0/SD Slot Type A (D038/D041) EDP Code 414678.


  10. #10
    The New Guy 1,000+ Posts ruben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: mpc2050 scan to folder on Mac

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I believe that scan to a memory device on this old a model requires the installation of the USB attachment option, USB2.0/SD Slot Type A (D038/D041) EDP Code 414678.
    Not for us, we had several 2050/2550's out on building sites, and had this option enabled for scanning.

    Is that an additional USB (seperate from the controller one) or for the 2030?


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here