Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Ricoh aficio 2035 double image( same circumferance) soon after a drum replacement.

Hello, i replaced the drum, blade, PCR and brush along with the fuser rollers. 883 copies later they are getting heavy background with a double image with the same circumference as the drum. but the first copy looks but gets progressively worse if you run ten for example. i have replaced the drum again and same thing. since i didn't write the lot number down on the first one, i don't know if its the same. i also checked all the contacts and cleaned them. checked drum ground. i get .269 on the oms diode scale, infinity on the 200 scale and between .450 and .650 on the 2K scale. so, there is not a perfect ground to the drum. does anybody know what the drum resistance should be? or what else i should check? i may also try another drum from a known different lot number. i didnt see any contact or wire on the back side of the drum drive coupler unit. i do see that the black hub has the charge going thru the hub. thank you very much for any input or advice. i is very much appreciated.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Ricoh aficio 2035 double image( same circumferance) soon after a drum replacement

What's the developer life on the machine? The backgrounding usually means the dev is toast.

Also, if the second cleaning blade is installed in this machine, remove it as it often causes more issues that it ever solves.

Finally, be sure you've run all of the SP's for a drum replacement and to block off the toner exit from the developer unit after doing a dev change.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh aficio 2035 double image( same circumferance) soon after a drum replacement.

Re: Ricoh aficio 2035 double image( same circumferance) soon after a drum replacement

If there is filming on the development roller, clean it and fully vacuum all toner residue from the toner recycler. Start with fresh Ricoh or NA Trading developer and toner.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

What Slim said plus
    Also check the developer unit rear bias terminal/plate is in situ, and you've cleaned the metal to metal surface contact.

During a Dev change I've cleaning brushed one or two bias plates into the rubbish bin by mistake.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••