Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Prints only one set then errors

I have a Ricoh c2504 that on one laptop, when you send a print job to the machine and you ask for multiple sets the machine will only print one set then will error out. So, if you have a 5 page document and you want 5 sets, when you send the job only one 5 page set will print and the other 4 will error and can't be printed at the machine. You have to delete the job for printing to even continue for other users.

I know this is an issue specifically with the users laptop. I know there has to be a setting in the laptop that is causing this because it does not happen with the other PC's. Does anyone have any idea as to what could be causing this? The laptop is a Toshiba running Windows 10. I tried using the following drivers: The Ricoh MP C2504 PCL5 and the Ricoh MP Class Driver.

Thanks

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Prints only one set then errors

Usually this is a paper size or type mismatch. Make sure the driver has picked up the options and paper sizes from the machine, NEVER use the Class driver as it is shit, and make sure the machine is being printed to via a TCP/IP port, not a WSD port. Are there any certain paper types set on the machine, i.e. thick paper, card etc.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Usually this is a paper size or type mismatch. Make sure the driver has picked up the options and paper sizes from the machine, NEVER use the Class driver as it is shit, and make sure the machine is being printed to via a TCP/IP port, not a WSD port. Are there any certain paper types set on the machine, i.e. thick paper, card etc.
    I know what you mean about the Class Driver. But, I wanted to rule out any possibility of it being caused by a driver. There is no specific paper issues. As I said, the other computers print any and everything just fine, including the same documents that the failing PC is trying to send. They are using a TCP/IP port. I have created new documents on the affected laptop that are Word documents set for standard paper and 8.5x11 and ask for two copies of it and when it prints I only get the first print set and when it gets done with that first one and starts the second, the error occurs and you can't force print the document out. You have to delete it. Thanks for your response.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    The customer has probaly the hook on rotation-sort in the driver. Go to the printer sp-mode & set bit-sw 5 (sp1001-005) to 00000010 (02H).
    Greetings...

Technician

Thank you! I will check this out and let you know.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I have heard of MORE problems of upgrades to Windows 10!...if it is a clean install--from scratch of Windows 10, there seem to be fewer problems....in other words, if you upgrade to Windows 10 from a prior operating system...

It's a CRAPSHOOT!

Good Luck!

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Technician

Thanks! I think that is exactly the problem I am dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    I have heard of MORE problems of upgrades to Windows 10!...if it is a clean install--from scratch of Windows 10, there seem to be fewer problems....in other words, if you upgrade to Windows 10 from a prior operating system...

It's a CRAPSHOOT!

Good Luck!