Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mr. Remax

Savin 2527 - Verticle Streaks (Newbie Here)

Hi I Just joined so forgive me if I am in the wrong forum or committing some other protocol error.
    I have a SAVIN 2527, only put in a few new toner bottles since I have owned it for over 8 years - It has been a tank.
    I am now getting some verticle streaking strong on the left side and small line on the right side.
    Before I get a tech out $180 to $350, I wanted to see if maybe I could just solve the problem with a new $207.00 PCU?
    Thanks for any suggestions offered.
    Mr. Remax
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Savin 2527 - Verticle Streaks (Newbie Here)

It definitely looks like charge roller lines so a PCU should fix the issue.

Overall, the 2527 is a very old machine. If you're looking to keep it around, it may be worth the investment to have a technician come out and look it over. At eight years old you're likely looking at needing a thorough cleaning of the feed rollers, and potentially new feed clutches for the paper trays or a fuser rebuild before long. It may also be worth it to look into upgrading a newer model: the later versions of this series are just as reliable and use the same toner but would offer you the ability to use features like scanning that the older machines were less reliable with. Likely for the cost of the entire service for the old machine, if it needed all of the above, you could pay for a second hand MP 2852.

The forum is really for use by copier techs, but we do get a few end users posting at times and for questions related to customer replaceable items, basic settings, or even a few easy things to look for (torn paper in a specific area) you're likely to get an answer. Problems only really come from people (techs and end users) who try to abuse the site by getting something for nothing.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Savin 2527 - Verticle Streaks (Newbie Here)

A new PCU might correct the problem. On the other hand it could also be coming from the fusing unit.

Mr. Remax

Thanks.
    I can get a MP 2852 for $899 about 50 miles from me. It is used and "working in good condition" according to the seller.
    Or, there is a Aficio 1022 for $350 in town - I thought I could just grab all the parts from it I need as it has been professionally maintained.
    If it is a fusing unit as Slim says, they seem to be very expensive.
    Thanks again for the professional opinions.
    Mr. Remax