Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Info about mpc300 & mpc2051 pcu- fusing unit

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you are dealing with a direct branch regardless of make, then everything is replaced according to PM table. If you are dealing with an independent dealer, especially a small dealer, PM cycles are frequently pushed, again regardless of the make.
    Well it's the direct branch not an independent dealer .

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iondan View Post
    Well that is a first , we have machines from others vendors for example konica minolta and everything gets changed when the PM life reaches regardless of problem or not . This is why we pay a specific cost per page that includes that.
    If the case was that these parts where changed when they were a real mess and totally worn then there was no need to pay a service contract at the first place with higher cost per page.
    In case this is how Ricoh works then we never gonna buy again from them as at the end we will have machines that not worth anything and if we try to sell them who would buy a machine that has nothing changed in years?
    You haven't yet said if you are having any output quality issues with these machines. I don't know if you are upset because your machines have poor quality, or because parts have not been changed one a specific arbitrary value has been met.

If it's the latter that's rather silly.

The PM values for these machines are based on specific coverage, page per job and other usage factors. Depending on how you use them they will wear out faster or slower than the stated value.

You don't pay them a CPC to have them change bits once a number is met, you pay them to make sure your machines are working properly on a regular basis, and for supplies if your contract includes that.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Info about mpc300 & mpc2051 pcu- fusing unit

MP C300 PM tables put the PCU "rated life" at 60K, and the fuser unit's at 120K.

The C2051 also shows the PCU life at 60K, but the only fuser part to be replaced at 120K is the cleaning roller. Everything else in the book just shows "Clean", so I'm assuming that part is "Run to failure".

Hope this helps!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    The C2051 also shows the PCU life at 60K, but the only fuser part to be replaced at 120K is the cleaning roller. Everything else in the book just shows "Clean", so I'm assuming that part is "Run to failure".

Hope this helps!
    Product Support Guide for the C2051 specifies that the fusing belt unit and pressure roller be replaced at 180K. There is no "Cleaning roller"

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    You haven't yet said if you are having any output quality issues with these machines. I don't know if you are upset because your machines have poor quality, or because parts have not been changed one a specific arbitrary value has been met.

If it's the latter that's rather silly.

The PM values for these machines are based on specific coverage, page per job and other usage factors. Depending on how you use them they will wear out faster or slower than the stated value.

You don't pay them a CPC to have them change bits once a number is met, you pay them to make sure your machines are working properly on a regular basis, and for supplies if your contract includes that.
    Well i don't think that is silly to require change of parts based on the PM value and not before it is totally worn, the specs are there for a reason .
    For example in the cars they say that the oil must be changed at 20000km but if you don't change the car will still function but the consequences are unknown to the life of the engine .
    As i said all other vendors replace these parts on time and not when they are totally worn out ( i don't have problem with 5-10% more).
    The cpc i pay is for all everything including toner to be changed and for the tech on site support , so i have already paid for these costs.
    My understanding is that they don't change anything and when the time comes they will refuse to renew the contract and i would have a totally unserviced machine which will require a lot of money in order to work

They probably won't renew the contract as the machines are too old, six years! Overdue for replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Product Support Guide for the C2051 specifies that the fusing belt unit and pressure roller be replaced at 180K. There is no "Cleaning roller"
    Actually I should have said "Oil Supply Roller"... I work on so many brands, I sometimes get the terminology mixed up.

Thanks...

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    They probably won't renew the contract as the machines are too old, six years! Overdue for replacement.
    We just picked up a C2051 from a Ricoh state contract recently. A few weeks ago we picked up a MP2000 adn MP2550, also a state contract. So who knows.

But since they are probably a single client Ricoh may push harder.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Well i don't think that is silly to require change of parts based on the PM value and not before it is totally worn, the specs are there for a reason .
    For example in the cars they say that the oil must be changed at 20000km but if you don't change the car will still function but the consequences are unknown to the life of the engine .
    As i said all other vendors replace these parts on time and not when they are totally worn out ( i don't have problem with 5-10% more).
    The cpc i pay is for all everything including toner to be changed and for the tech on site support , so i have already paid for these costs.
    My understanding is that they don't change anything and when the time comes they will refuse to renew the contract and i would have a totally unserviced machine which will require a lot of money in order to work

I mean really after 6 years of use you want to try to sell them........
    probably a real PITA customer to deal with anyway.......

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Your car comparison doesn't apply. Nothing's going to seize up and take out your ENGINE here.
    What do you seriously expect to accomplish here?
    Take it up with your service company!
    I personally have several of these out both on time and materials and on maintenance agrements.
    PM cycles are more related to rotations than actual copies.
    To go back to your car analogy: a machine that performs larger runs, rather than 1 or 2 page jobs all day, will generally see the consumables last far longer. It's the starting and stopping that reduces life....Kind of like how highway miles Vs. City miles are so much easier on your car.

I dropped supplies at a time and materials customer just the other day that has done 100K colour, and 120k black on a C2051 and it makes perfect copies. They haven't replaced anything except toner so far, so to turn the page back on you, should I be telling them, "you HAVE to replace these parts because they're WAY past PM and they should have failed by now" . I'd call that making unnecessary replairs to pad the invoice wouldn't you?

So why is it not the same the other way around? Sometimes parts go very prematurely and the service company has to come good for them and loses money. Sometimes they run beyond, and they make money. That's life.

Having said all that, There is no way that your machine with 210K hasn't had some or all PCU's replaced a t minimum. Just because it's not recorded on a piece of paper somewhere or whatever you have