Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Info about mpc300 & mpc2051 pcu- fusing unit

Re: Info about mpc300 & mpc2051 pcu- fusing unit

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    PM cycles are more related to rotations than actual copies.
    To go back to your car analogy: a machine that performs larger runs, rather than 1 or 2 page jobs all day, will generally see the consumables last far longer. It's the starting and stopping that reduces life....Kind of like how highway miles Vs. City miles are so much easier on your car.
    I agree that rotations are more important than copies. When copies or prints are made the ITB, PCDUs and fusing unit start rotating as soon as process starts. As an example, the ITB has to move past the cleaning unit then all of the drum units to pickup toner and finally to the PTR to apply the toner to the paper. They then continue to rotate until the page has been delivered to the exit tray. That is extra rotations at the start and the end of each job. The longer the job, the fewer the average extra rotations per page. The only PM parts that actually are rotations per page in nearly constant are the paper feed rollers and even for them there is a variation due to paper length.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Info about mpc300 & mpc2051 pcu- fusing unit

Quote Originally Posted by iondan View Post
    Well that is a first , we have machines from others vendors for example konica minolta and everything gets changed when the PM life reaches regardless of problem or not . This is why we pay a specific cost per page that includes that.
    If the case was that these parts where changed when they were a real mess and totally worn then there was no need to pay a service contract at the first place with higher cost per page.
    In case this is how Ricoh works then we never gonna buy again from them as at the end we will have machines that not worth anything and if we try to sell them who would buy a machine that has nothing changed in years?
    You won't get much (a few hundred if that) for an old machine like a c300. I have had many of these in the field, and they ran with parts frequently exceeding projected lifecycle. I see you didn't mention a problem with the machine, so I expect your service provider is treating you just fine. Sounds like you just don't like a service contract. Next machine , just put it on a pay per call basis and see what happens. The LD unit alone in these costs more than $1400.00.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    You won't get much (a few hundred if that) for an old machine like a c300. I have had many of these in the field, and they ran with parts frequently exceeding projected lifecycle. I see you didn't mention a problem with the machine, so I expect your service provider is treating you just fine. Sounds like you just don't like a service contract. Next machine , just put it on a pay per call basis and see what happens. The LD unit alone in these costs more than $1400.00.
    For all we know this guy could have had a non pm parts contract but will moan aloud after paying half what most companies charge for a contract.
    I ve seen and dealt with accounts like that,charge me nothing but give me everything..
    PLUS if you didnt pay attention in a six year contract cycle then that is on you.............

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    Actually I should have said "Oil Supply Roller"... I work on so many brands, I sometimes get the terminology mixed up.

Thanks...
    There is a oil supply roller ass'y for the MP C2051 fusing unit.
    But it is not fitted as standard, it's was made available as optional add-on.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother