Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25
  1. #21
    Technician
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    The Ether
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: MP C3501/4501 No WIM access

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I have always been able to clear Access Control using NCS clear. IEEE802.1x can be cleared through User Tools as can security level.
    Sure dot1X can be disabled in Interface Settings, but if a tech doesn't think to check it, changing the Controller and NVRAM won't help him (seen that waaay too many times).

    I can recall over a dozen times where NCS clear has not wiped the Access list (or indeed any time that it has done), perhaps my guys are just unlucky but I'll test tomorrow. Plus already mentioned a telnet flush cured a problem when the access list was blank. The more complicated these things get, the stranger the faults!


  2. #22
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Burleson
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: MP C3501/4501 No WIM access

    Praise the Lord! Finally figured it out!!

    I had to change the "PERMIT SSL/TSL COMMUNICATION" to "CIPHERTEXT/CLEARTEXT" I never had changed this because the '01 i have that works that i have been comparing is set to "CIPHERTEXT PRIORITY" and so i was trying to get these two to match...but after reading what it said "the client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite." I figured i should probably mess with the thing that says "SSL COMMUNICATION"

    Once i changed it...i went into the device certificate and sure enough there was one that the SSL communication was set to use..after i deleted this certificate, i was able to change the ssl communication back to "CIPHERTEXT PRIORITY" like the other '01 and BOOM! I'm IN!!

    My question for the future is: is there anyway to delete the certificate on the machine without going into the WIM? Under Administrator tools i think i remember seeing a delete certificate option which i did but i guess that did not delete the certificate that was blocking me?? Or maybe i deleted something under PROGRAM/CHANGE/DELETE REALM

    Thanks for all the advice! It definitely helped and i learned a lot from this


  3. #23
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    7,081
    Rep Power
    152

    Re: MP C3501/4501 No WIM access

    Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    Praise the Lord! Finally figured it out!!

    I had to change the "PERMIT SSL/TSL COMMUNICATION" to "CIPHERTEXT/CLEARTEXT" I never had changed this because the '01 i have that works that i have been comparing is set to "CIPHERTEXT PRIORITY" and so i was trying to get these two to match...but after reading what it said "the client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite." I figured i should probably mess with the thing that says "SSL COMMUNICATION"

    Once i changed it...i went into the device certificate and sure enough there was one that the SSL communication was set to use..after i deleted this certificate, i was able to change the ssl communication back to "CIPHERTEXT PRIORITY" like the other '01 and BOOM! I'm IN!!

    My question for the future is: is there anyway to delete the certificate on the machine without going into the WIM? Under Administrator tools i think i remember seeing a delete certificate option which i did but i guess that did not delete the certificate that was blocking me?? Or maybe i deleted something under PROGRAM/CHANGE/DELETE REALM

    Thanks for all the advice! It definitely helped and i learned a lot from this
    I have had IT decide to create a certificate on machines to see what it would do. If it then gave me a permission error entering WIM, SP 5801-011 would clear it. Of course I then had to reenter all interface settings.


  4. #24
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Burleson
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: MP C3501/4501 No WIM access

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I have had IT decide to create a certificate on machines to see what it would do. If it then gave me a permission error entering WIM, SP 5801-011 would clear it. Of course I then had to reenter all interface settings.
    Hmmm thats strange then because i did 5801-11 twice to be sure...i guess it was a very secure certificate

    Anyways thanks for your help! Just glad its solved


  5. #25
    Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sunshine State QLD.
    Posts
    2,521
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: MP C3501/4501 No WIM access

    Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    Hmmm thats strange then because i did 5801-11 twice to be sure...i guess it was a very secure certificate

    Anyways thanks for your help! Just glad its solved
    Re : Browser
    Where you using "HTTPS" in the address bar of the browser.
    You should have seen the address bar change colour to black font on a green background. (Proof of secured connection status...)
    Like any secured web site, the browser should have let you install the Encryption key certificate and the SSL comms should have worked.


    ....

    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here