Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: MP C3501/4501 No WIM access

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    look it up and looks like your browser is not letting it communicate because of ssl security. web browser are using SSL certificate you will have to tell browser that it is a trusted site and ok to use. i had to do that on firefox when they started this type of security.
    But why is it only on this machine? Every other machine lets me in just fine...i don't want to change my web browsers security to allow access to the printer, i would like to change the printers security. Yet i believed i already did that with setting the network security to 0.

Do you think the only thing left to do is a all memory clear?? Would hate to do that but i do have the birth certificate

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP C3501/4501 No WIM access

Just a thought but has it got a 2nd administrator set up
    ive come across this before you need to turn the 2nd admin off
    to allow the 1st admin to have full control of settings
    I Used To Live To Fix Things Now i Fix Things To Live

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    But why is it only on this machine? Every other machine lets me in just fine...i don't want to change my web browsers security to allow access to the printer, i would like to change the printers security. Yet i believed i already did that with setting the network security to 0.

Do you think the only thing left to do is a all memory clear?? Would hate to do that but i do have the birth certificate
    Update the Network Support Firmware, that should sort it looking at the release notes.

Or Telnet in and "SET SSL DOWN" (remember to logout properly then delete the certificate)

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Have you tried comparing non defaults between the machines?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Just a thought but has it got a 2nd administrator set up
    ive come across this before you need to turn the 2nd admin off
    to allow the 1st admin to have full control of settings
    Would give a login error not unsupported protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by PacketSniffer View Post
    Update the Network Support Firmware, that should sort it looking at the release notes.

Or Telnet in and "SET SSL DOWN" (remember to logout properly then delete the certificate)
    SP 5801-011 NCS will reset all of these back to default. The only other thing to try is SP 5846-046 in factory SP mode

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Have you tried comparing non defaults between the machines?

Would give a login error not unsupported protocol.

SP 5801-011 NCS will reset all of these back to default. The only other thing to try is SP 5846-046 in factory SP mode
    Yes i have compared non defaults and at first there were some things i thought could be it but after i did the resets in 5-801 that you told me to most all went back to normal. Here is the non default list now in case you see something i don't non-default.pdf

No there is not a 2nd admin, and i already did 5-846-046

Updated firmware

Just performed a software reset as well just to see...no go.

Do you think an all memory clear will fix it? nothing else seems to be working, i don't mind inputting the info if it makes it work.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Do you think an all memory clear will fix it? nothing else seems to be working, i don't mind inputting the info if it makes it work.
    In a word, NO!!!

Looking at the non defaults, the only things that I see that might help are 5845-22, 5907-01 and 6967-01. Other than that, it might be something in User Settings or something that would have been on page 1 which you did not include.

Technician

Yes i have compared non defaults and at first there were some things i thought could be it but after i did the resets in 5-801 that you told me to most all went back to normal. Here is the non default list now in case you see something i don't non-default.pdf

No there is not a 2nd admin, and i already did 5-846-046

Updated firmware

Just performed a software reset as well just to see...no go.

Something to try, only had one instance of this but worth a go. Even though I can see that you have no Access Control list - Telnet in and do a "access flush" as always remember to 'logout' and confirm changes or it will be in vain.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Something to try, only had one instance of this but worth a go. Even though I can see that you have no Access Control list - Telnet in and do a "access flush" as always remember to 'logout' and confirm changes or it will be in vain.
    SP 5801-011 NCS will clear all interface settings including Access Control and Certificates.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    SP 5801-011 NCS will clear all interface settings including Access Control and Certificates.
    High Security settings such as IEEE802.1X and Access Control are not stored in the usual places, hence why replacing Controller and NVRAM won't help you with these settings.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

High Security settings such as IEEE802.1X and Access Control are not stored in the usual places, hence why replacing Controller and NVRAM won't help you with these settings.
    I have always been able to clear Access Control using NCS clear. IEEE802.1x can be cleared through User Tools as can security level.