Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    printerhelp

Ricoh MPC3500 Scanner Help

Can someone please help me? I have spent 48 hours watching YouTube videos, reading articles, etc. and I cannot get my scanner to transmit to my computer. All I need is an easy way to get scanned receipts on my computer but it seems impossible. I have a MPC3500. I have tried scan to folder...didn't work...scan to email...didn't work...I even thought I would be able to access a scan via the document server. However, while a small picture shows up in the document server, it will not let me download it. THERE IS EVEN A DOWNLOAD WORD that I think should be a link, but when I click on it, it does nothing. I am sooo incredibly frustrated with this machine. Can someone please help me? As I said I just need to get a PDF someone from the copier/scanner. To top it off, as I was trying different ways to get it to work I changed all kinds of settings Ports, etc and I have no idea if perhaps I changed something that is perhaps causing it to not work. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help.

Any solution would be greatly appreciated, whether its scanning to file, or email or whatever. I just need to get an image or PDF from my Ricoh MPC3500. The error I get when trying to scan to email is "Transmission failed. To check the current status, press [Scanned Files Status]." Note I cant find where this "scanned files status is anywhere.

Also, I tried updated firmware (which I am not exactly sure what that even is) but I think I did it correctly (but maybe not) and that didn't work either.
    Last edited by printerhelp; 11-18-2017 at 05:34 AM.

Re: Ricoh MPC3500 Scanner Help

This model only supports scanning to Windows 7 or earlier for folder, to an open port 25 email (which most free ones no longer support; unless you use the restricted Google Relay), or to FTP.

For SMB:

• If you are on Windows 10 you can try enabling SMB 1 from either the Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off > SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support 1.

Or:

I have had success with a much earlier model by doing this through PowerShell instead, if that option above doesn't exist: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...in-windows-and

1. You must run PowerShell in elevated administrator mode.
    2. Run the command:
      Code:
      Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters" SMB1 -Type DWORD -Value 1 –Force
    3. Reboot the PC.

For email:

From the copier, go to User Tools > System Settings > File Transfer:

1. Set the SMTP server to aspmx.l.google.com
    2. Authentication is not required
    3. Set the Administrators Email Address to an existing Gmail account.

You can only scan to Gmail accounts with this option.

For FTP:

1. Download FileZilla Server: FileZilla - The free FTP solution
    2. Set it to Install as service, started with Windows
    3. Set it to Start if user logs on, apply to all users
    4. The admin interface should run, tick Always connect to this server 2 and Connect.
    5. Ignore the red text, it is just alerting you that the FTP ports to the internet are blocked by your firewall.
    6. Click on the Display the user accounts dialog (single face button)
    7. Click Add and create a simple username to use later > OK
    8. Tick Password and type a simple password
    9. Click Pages > Shared folders > Add and Browse to your scan folder
    10. Tick all the options > OK
    11. Close the interface.
    12. You must allow port 21 through your Windows Firewall in the Inbound Rules: Firewall Rule Wizard: Protocol and Ports Page - Custom Rule Type
    13. Create a scan button on the copier using the same options as for SMB scanning
    14. Set the scan type to FTP and for the Auth Info > Folder Authentication, set the username and password from steps 7 and 8.
    15. Set the Server Address to the IP address of your PC and set the Path to \

The interface will start on reboot, to turn this off right click on the taskkbar > Task Manager > More details (if the Task Manager is hiding information) > Start-up > FileZilla Server > Disable.

Instructions on how to create the scan buttons and accessing any user tools can be found here (under General Settings Guide): Aficio MP C3500/C4500 download page

1 This can be a security hole, make sure you block these ports on your outgoing and incoming internet firewall: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...nt-smb-traffic
    2 The password is not needed if you have blocked port 21 on your internet firewall, but it might be worth creating one just in case.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

For scan to mail you need to cofigure on MPC3500:
    - IP address (it have to be in the same network as your router and PC)
    - Getaway IP (usually IP of your router)
    - DNS server IP (usually same as getaway IP)
    - SMTP server name, SMTP port, e-mail user name and password( you will get it from your e- mail provider), MPC3500 does't support SSL so it works only throught port 25 or 587

Sent from my I9195I using Tapatalk

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC3500 Scanner Help

You can also do a pull scan instead of a push scan. Download and install the TWAIN driver and a software such as Scan2PDF. You then do the scan from your computer after placing the receipts on the ADF or platen glass.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopyBats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You can also do a pull scan instead of a push scan. Download and install the TWAIN driver and a software such as Scan2PDF. You then do the scan from your computer after placing the receipts on the ADF or platen glass.
    I recommend this as well if you are looking to scan for receipts. If you can't work with the pull scan method, you can just create an smtp server and input that information in to the machine directly. Your machine will need the servers without ssl verification. (SMTP2GO is one provider that will work. They have free version that supports a set number of scans monthly without having to give payment info on file)