Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Batman1976's Avatar

Ricoh MPC5504ex Fiery E23C

Hi Chaps,

I have instaled a Fiery E23c onto a MPC5504ex in an all Apple Mac environment .

The device has not worked properly since, See below issues:

• Fiery Screen displays Please wait intermittenly
    • Jobs printed in wrong page order from different application
    • Device asking to load letter size paper in trays

I have set correct paper size setting at install, checked patches and firmware on device and Fiery are all on latest yet customer still has issues. Any Thoughts?

Also does anyone know how to set printing defaults on Apple Mac's i.e print in B/W + Double Sided?

Thanks in Advance

Batman1976

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MPC5504ex Fiery E23C

Quote Originally Posted by Batman1976 View Post
    Any Thoughts?
    Poor you, I'm not a fan of Fiery controllers.

I really do question the need for them in this day and age.
    Plus print quality is ultimately limited by the print engine design, not a expensive external controller.
    It's like fitting a sat nav to a shopping trolley... completely pointless lol.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MPC5504ex Fiery E23C

Fiery Screen displays Please wait intermittenly
    I would suggest that you ensure the print queue installed on each client has been created as an IP printer using an LPR port. The port name should be either print, direct or hold depending on the functionality required. The port names are case sensitive.

Jobs printed in wrong page order from different application
    From your description I would surmise that the differing applications are the root cause, but I would check that the correct driver is being used. It's quite common for users to install the GW controller driver for the product instead of the Fiery controller driver.

Device asking to load letter size paper in trays
    Typically, the page size is defined in the application and this is what determines which tray/paper size is being selected at the device level.

Also does anyone know how to set printing defaults on Apple Mac's i.e print in B/W + Double Sided?
    Mac /OSX native printing is based on CUPS. Printing defaults can be set by accessing the CUPS interface. Launch a web browser on the Mac and enter localhost:631 in the address bar and login as a user with administrative priveleges to access and make the relevant .changes. Alternatively, you could create workflows/virtual printers on the Fiery depending on the Fiery's installed options and configuration.