Help with 10-year-old SP C811 DN suddenly jamming (picture)

Hello there --

I have a 10-year-old Ricoh SP C811 DN that has been great to us (only repairs have been a gear in the output path and a black toner pump). Recently it has started jamming the paper at the registration roller. It will make kind of a squeaky groaning noise, then stop printing with the paper accordioned in the slot. It happens with both trays but the manual feed seems unaffected.

I've cleaned all the rubber rollers and scraped off all the oxidation. We are planning to replace it before too much longer but if anyone has any tips to keep this thing working a little longer, I'd be most grateful!

Re: Help with 10-year-old SP C811 DN suddenly jamming (picture)

From the looks of it the guide plate might be pushed at angle upwards. There is also a sensor in the small cut out you could clean and look at the transfer guide plate which is on the door section. You may need to adjust the angle just a little bit out at the top..
    Quote Originally Posted by adrew View Post
    hello there --

i have a 10-year-old ricoh sp c811 dn that has been great to us (only repairs have been a gear in the output path and a black toner pump). Recently it has started jamming the paper at the registration roller. It will make kind of a squeaky groaning noise, then stop printing with the paper accordioned in the slot. It happens with both trays but the manual feed seems unaffected.

I've cleaned all the rubber rollers and scraped off all the oxidation. We are planning to replace it before too much longer but if anyone has any tips to keep this thing working a little longer, i'd be most grateful!

I bent the guide plate down and blew the dust off the sensor and it seems a lot happier.

Can you give me a little more detail about the transfer guide plate on the door? I didn't see anything that looked like it could be bent or adjusted.

Thanks so much!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

there is also a piece of mylar under that metal guide, it does rip over time. it will catch the edge of paper as well

Quote Originally Posted by LNorris View Post
    there is also a piece of mylar under that metal guide, it does rip over time. it will catch the edge of paper as well
    There is a little piece sticking out/flipped backward! This is looking up into the guide - is that little flap supposed to be there? And hello fellow Texan - I am in DFW!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

howdy,

no, that piece is torn and most likely causing the jams. u can take the out most metal off and get to it. i put scotch tape on it temporarily until i can get that new part in

Awesome, thanks. I will take it apart.

We are thinking about replacing it with a 4504ex with the basic stapler/booklet maker. Is that a solid choice or should we look at anything else? The pricing and the maintenance plans are very reasonable under our contract pricing.