Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Scan to folder windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    It is usually the security updates that stop SMB scanning working so you doing a system restore will put it back prior to updates.

Wont harm you to take all win updates as a test.

You can also buy licence upgrades online for peanuts now, so you can go from home to pro simply by changing the key.

thanks yall...i made sure that smb1 was checked and did all the updates ( i believe so, it only showed i needed one) and still a no go....

Could you post how to upgrade to pro? I found a couple of things but nothing right now is working and im not really wanting to fork over $100 for it

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Scan to folder windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    thanks yall...i made sure that smb1 was checked and did all the updates ( i believe so, it only showed i needed one) and still a no go....

Could you post how to upgrade to pro? I found a couple of things but nothing right now is working and im not really wanting to fork over $100 for it
    You wont get all the updates at once you’ll need to keep restating then rechecking the win update site, they can take a few days depending how old the win 10 version is you rebooted back to.

Have a look on eBay for the serial key much less than $100
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Coincidentally I did a complete re-installation on my netbook a few days ago.
    It's Windows Home (32 bit), and has never had an issue with SMB scanning from any Ricoh box.....until now.

But it turned out to be the smb1 setting. I was aware of it, but had not had any issues in the field yet, and it took me a while to sort it out.
    The behavior was that the scanner(s) only 'communicated' for split second, and then went into a "waiting" state.
    I tried a couple of different machines and was near my wit's end, because I had convinced myself that it was something I was missing with my sharing permissions or something with the fresh install, because I use a direct ethernet connection on a "public" network at my shop, since I don't have internet service there.

Once I finally thought to check "enable SMB1" all was good.
    I'm wondering if, when you say that SMB 1 is enabled, that you're certain that ALL SMB 1.0 options are enabled? Because it's the SMB 1.0/CIFS Server option that needs to be selected

I'm interested in how you say the system now says "give access to" instead of "share with". I've never really noticed it until you mentioned it, but I've also never shared a folder that way. It doesn't appear to me that you can assign the necessary privileges required for scanning in that fashion .
    I've always gone into the folder properties, and used the "sharing/ advanced sharing" buttons.

Anyway, the one thing I know for sure is that whoever it was at Ricoh Tech support gave some bad info to LNorris, because scanning to Win10 home is no problem.
    Last edited by sandmanmac; 02-22-2018 at 02:37 AM.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LNorris View Post
    Ricoh tech support told me Ricoh mfp would not scan to win 10 home edition. so it confuses me if you were able to before.

you may need to check to see if smb1 is turned on in windows. i'm not sure about the access/share thing tho.
    specifically windows 10 "home" edition?

So windows 10 pro would be fine?

I tried the smb1...no go
    My work laptop had Windows 10 Home and the only time I had trouble using Scan to SMB was when I was using a USB WIFI adapter that for some reason blocked file sharing completely or when trying to scan from a machine where the network was a Domain. Home edition does not support joining a Domain.

One other thing, check the workgroup/homegroup setting on the two computers. If they are different, it could cause problems. I have always had the most success on non Domains when everything is in the same workgroup. Minor spelling error of the workgroup and credentials will not be accepted.

I feel your pain, between Ricoh firmware and Windows updates I have seen unbelievable nonsense. I have an account that uses win7 and 10 and three Ricoh MFPs. (A2027, MP3035, MP3552). It was impossible to keep everyone scanning all the time. I finally set up an old win7 machine and used it as a server. I set up a scan folder for each copier, then each user got a folder inside each main folder. Finally I just created a shortcut for each user in the folder on my server and placed it on their desktop. Now no matter who comes or leaves the company I can just edit the folders on the server and keep moving. Also it does not matter what Op-system they have on their PC because your just creating a network shortcut. Problem was solved also I don't have to waste time trying to figure out what part or this scanning equation is wacky.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This is why I push my customers into using scan to email much easier to troubleshoot & the only maintenence required is to add/remove users in address book but the customer can do this themselves anyway.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Yup, Email is the best and easiest until some Account tries to scan a big file.... Then guess who they're calling . Scan to folder best for small business and gives the users more control also makes troubleshooting somewhat quicker. But if I could I would always go with email and save folder for my more challenging users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Ok...so as far as my machine goes i just brought an 03 for me....didn't have time to mess with it but i am under the assumption that if i upgrade to pro it will work.

Any ways, on Friday i had a customer complain her scans were in and out...she had an mp 201 and windows 10 home...i checked her smb1 like yall said to and sure enough it worked for her! Don't know if this is a fix for all windows 10 home computers but we will see.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts omorales's Avatar

FTP very good option

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Just wanted to share some things I've found out about this thread since I last visited it.

Checking the box for SMB 1.0 in programs and features has been solving a good deal of computers...

However.... What I found out that was causing most of the issues was McAfee.

Of course I always check anti virus software and if they have it I'll simply add the IP address so it allows it through. The issue though was what is happening is when people are downloading Adobe reader free version... Unless they uncheck the box upon install, it automatically downloads a McAfee security scan plus to the computer, and even though they don't have an active subscription, or even a place to configure firewall settings, it was still the issue. Whenever I uninstalled that, boom....it worked!

Hope this helps someone!