Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

SC 220 After Clean

Goodmorning everyone.
    I have a very strange problem with a Ricoh Mp 5002.
    The machine has 465,000 copies.
    I cleaned it because it was full of toner on all sides. I removed the fuser, the development unit, the transfer belt and the laser. The laser has the whole block, and the slide is cleaned by hand. After reassembling everything, and after having remounted the laser, I get a SC 220 error at startup. I checked all the wiring and everything is OK. I read that this error occurred to other users, how did you solve it? I also read that it can also depend on the front doors, but it's all closed.
    Can someone help me?

Thanks so much

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    SC 220 After Clean

Re: SC 220 After Clean

The ribbon cables can be very fragile check you have not damaged them.

Also did you use a vacuum cleaner to clean up the spilt toner? this may have caused a static change & damaged a board etc.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

Also did you use a vacuum cleaner to clean up the spilt toner? this may have caused a static change & damaged a board etc.
    I have not used any vacuum cleaners. I removed the whole part of the laser block (was full of toner), cleaned by hand, and remittance and I have this error. I have not touched cables or wiring. The laser card in front was full of toner, clean with a compressor without too much force

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SC 220 After Clean

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post

The MP 5002 does not have a ribbon cable going to the laser diode unit.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SC 220 After Clean

Quote Originally Posted by printertnc View Post
    Goodmorning everyone.
    I have a very strange problem with a Ricoh Mp 5002.
    The machine has 465,000 copies.
    I cleaned it because it was full of toner on all sides. I removed the fuser, the development unit, the transfer belt and the laser. The laser has the whole block, and the slide is cleaned by hand. After reassembling everything, and after having remounted the laser, I get a SC 220 error at startup. I checked all the wiring and everything is OK. I read that this error occurred to other users, how did you solve it? I also read that it can also depend on the front doors, but it's all closed.
    Can someone help me?

Thanks so much
    SC 220 is a laser synchronization error. If you disassembled the laser unit to clean it, there are a number of problems you may have caused. You may have dislodged one of the mirrors causing an alignment error. You may have left the synchronization detector board disconnected, you have to remove the entire laser housing to check as it is at the back. If you removed the laser diode unit from the laser housing, you are going to have fun trying to get it back in proper adjustment. The screw D on the image in the service manual is an adjustment screw that is precision adjusted at the factory. The LD unit should only be removed if it has to be replaced. You are going to have to follow the adjustment procedure in the service manual.

If you need to clean toner off the LD unit, it should be cleaned while still attached to the laser housing unit using a camera lens brush. https://static.bhphoto.com/images/im...00_1176843.jpg

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    SC 220 After Clean

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The MP 5002 does not have a ribbon cable going to the laser diode unit.
    Ribbon cables in general, not sure how far the poster went with his strip down!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    SC 220 is a laser synchronization error. If you disassembled the laser unit to clean it, there are a number of problems you may have caused. You may have dislodged one of the mirrors causing an alignment error. You may have left the synchronization detector board disconnected, you have to remove the entire laser housing to check as it is at the back. If you removed the laser diode unit from the laser housing, you are going to have fun trying to get it back in proper adjustment. The screw D on the image in the service manual is an adjustment screw that is precision adjusted at the factory. The LD unit should only be removed if it has to be replaced. You are going to have to follow the adjustment procedure in the service manual.

If you need to clean toner off the LD unit, it should be cleaned while still attached to the laser housing unit using a camera lens brush. https://static.bhphoto.com/images/im...00_1176843.jpg
    I did not unmount anything in the laser unit, I just removed it to clean it, removed the whole block. The manual says to unscrew those 3 screws in front, I just did this. I have not removed cards, nor anything. I have not opened anything, I have not touched mirrors. I only removed the block of the laser unit to clean it. "Block" is è d0091860

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

You need to open up the laser and clean it. If its as bad as you say that is the problem
    Izzy

Senior Tech 100+ Posts ridgemill's Avatar

Some laser units have electrolytic capacitors on the rear, make sure they haven't been broken off when removing the unit.

The synchronisation board is at the rear of the laser unit, make sure that the connector is seated fully. If it still doesn't work you may have to order a new board: D009-5325

Technician

Replace laser unit

Inviato dal mio RAINBOW JAM 4G utilizzando Tapatalk