IT3 Chavez

RICOH 7502 WIM Will Not Open

Hello everyone! New here. I am trying to work on A RICOH 7502 printer that is having scan to email issues. I'm sure I could rectify the issue if I were able to access the Web Image Monitor. When I type the IP address into Internet Explorer or Firefox, the address changes to "https://10.1.107.68/web/guest/en/web.../mainFrame.cgi" and then says "Secure Connection Failed" (Firefox) or "This page cannot be displayed." (Explorer) I am not a RICOH technician, I am an IT Petty officer for the Coast Guard so I'm no expert by any means. That being said,
    Here's what I have tried:
    -Checked the SP settings
    -Factory defaulted
    -Power cycled
    -Tried Different Computers
    -Made sure that it is not a conflicting IP (we set static addresses)
    -telnet (it is disabled for us. Can't use it)
    -Added the IP to Internet explorer's Compatibility View Settings list

I'm thoroughly stumped. Any assistance anyone could provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Trusted Tech

Re: RICOH 7502 WIM Will Not Open

is the NIC enabled ? SP 5985-001 must be set to 1

Retired 10,000+ Posts

It sounds like the security settings of your network are blocking access. You may need to add the IP address of the 7502 as an exemption. The best thing is to add a device certificate to 7502. Of course you need to be logged in to WIM in order to generate a certificate using the domain server as certificate source. You might be able to push it to the 7502 from the Domain server. As an IT Petty Officer you should know more about that than I do.

It could also be the security settings, required by the Defense department, might be restricting access.

IT3 Chavez

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    It sounds like the security settings of your network are blocking access. You may need to add the IP address of the 7502 as an exemption. The best thing is to add a device certificate to 7502. Of course you need to be logged in to WIM in order to generate a certificate using the domain server as certificate source. You might be able to push it to the 7502 from the Domain server. As an IT Petty Officer you should know more about that than I do.

It could also be the security settings, required by the Defense department, might be restricting access.
    I had to open Firefox, type about:config in the address bar, and change rsa_aes_128 and rsa_aes_256 to false. After a restart it let me add the IP as an exception and it let me in. Complicated government networks. Thanks for the help. You pointed me in the right direction.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Another option you can use in the future is to use your laptop along with a Crossover cable, and connect it DIRECTLY to the copier.

You'll need to configure the computer to a static IP address in the range of what the copier is using ...ie: Copier at 10.1.10.100, so set the computer to 10.1.10.10 or something along those lines to avoid an IP conflict.

(Since this is done with the copier off the secured network, any firewall or browser security issues you've had will be bypassed,)

...don't forget to reset your IPv4 adapter to "Obtain IP address Automatically" when you're done... Don't ask me how I know this!!

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    Another option you can use in the future is to use your laptop along with a Crossover cable, and connect it DIRECTLY to the copier.

You'll need to configure the computer to a static IP address in the range of what the copier is using ...ie: Copier at 10.1.10.100, so set the computer to 10.1.10.10 or something along those lines to avoid an IP conflict.

(Since this is done with the copier off the secured network, any firewall or browser security issues you've had will be bypassed,)

...don't forget to reset your IPv4 adapter to "Obtain IP address Automatically" when you're done... Don't ask me how I know this!!
    As a former Unit Information Manager for an Army Transporttion company deployed to Iraq in 2005, there are couple of problems with this.
    1. A crossover cable is not needed with a MFP as new as the 7502 or with most modern laptops.
    2. It is not the secured network. It is the security settings on the computer.
    3. If the 7502 is in a security area, you cannot bring an outside laptop in without in first bring cleared by the higher level of command.
    4. If it has been cleared then those settings have been to the laptop.

What he did was the only work around.