Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    15

    Question MPC3502 VOIP Not Receiving Faxes

    Customer has Kyocera KM3050 with fax option that works with ECM off baud rate set to 9600 we installed Ricoh MPC3502 and are unable to get machine to receive faxes but does send? I have set ECM off Baud Rate 9600 and tried numerous setting changes and another MPC3502 as well as MPC2800 with no luck. Phone co. claims they have made all changes on there end? Attached are settings I have tried any help would be appreciated! 20180913111600095.pdf
    Thank you!


  2. #2
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    8,543
    Rep Power
    185

    Re: MPC3502 VOIP Not Receiving Faxes

    By the term not receive do you mean is does not answer or it answers then errors out?


  3. #3
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MPC3502 VOIP Not Receiving Faxes

    guitar9199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Eveleth, MN
    Posts
    545
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: MPC3502 VOIP Not Receiving Faxes

    This is the lost of settings I use for VOIP faxes on a Ricoh/Savin.


    1. Deactivation of JBIG - Encoding
    SP 1-104-001 ( COM SW 00 ) Bit 0 to 0 / Bit 2 to 0
    2. Changing the DIS - Block length to 4 Bytes
    SP 1-105-002 ( G3 SW 01 ) Bit 4 to 1
    3. Deactivation of V8 - Protocolls ( "Super G3" / max. 14400 Bit/s )
    SP 1-105-004 ( G3 SW 03 ) Bit 2 to 0
    With some telephone systems it is necessary to fix the speed of the modem to 9600 bits (sending and receiving)
    SP 1-105-006 ( G3 SW 05 ) Bit 0 and 1 to 0 / Bit 2 to 1 / Bit 3 to 0
    SP 1-105-007 ( G3 SW 06 ) Bit 0 and 1 to 0 / Bit 2 to 1 / Bit 3 to 0
    4. If recommended by the plant operator, switch off ECM
    Be careful because this might result in data loss, and only change this if the System administrator request this and that this change is
    done at own risk
    SP 1-104-002 ( COM SW 01 ) Bit 0 to 0
    5. Use of the default G3 protocol mode
    SP 1-105-003 ( G3 SW 02 ) Bit 0 to 1
    6. Max allowable block intervall when receiving image files /decoding time of the first line in the reception mode.
    SP 1-105-011 ( G3 SW 0A ) Bit 4 and 6 to 1


    All that said, have you checked the phone line out with a handset? I've had a couple where the customer actually had VOICEMAIL enabled on their fax line.... and if there's a message, the dial tone does a 4-5 beep repeat before settling into a steady tone. If the fax board hears that, it won't pick up the call. Something to check into.


  4. #4
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: MPC3502 VOIP Not Receiving Faxes

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    By the term not receive do you mean is does not answer or it answers then errors out?
    Machine acts like its going to receive: rings,communication light comes on etc. then it disconnects. There is no errors or receive log generated?


  5. #5
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: MPC3502 VOIP Not Receiving Faxes

    Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    This is the lost of settings I use for VOIP faxes on a Ricoh/Savin.


    1. Deactivation of JBIG - Encoding
    SP 1-104-001 ( COM SW 00 ) Bit 0 to 0 / Bit 2 to 0
    2. Changing the DIS - Block length to 4 Bytes
    SP 1-105-002 ( G3 SW 01 ) Bit 4 to 1
    3. Deactivation of V8 - Protocolls ( "Super G3" / max. 14400 Bit/s )
    SP 1-105-004 ( G3 SW 03 ) Bit 2 to 0
    With some telephone systems it is necessary to fix the speed of the modem to 9600 bits (sending and receiving)
    SP 1-105-006 ( G3 SW 05 ) Bit 0 and 1 to 0 / Bit 2 to 1 / Bit 3 to 0
    SP 1-105-007 ( G3 SW 06 ) Bit 0 and 1 to 0 / Bit 2 to 1 / Bit 3 to 0
    4. If recommended by the plant operator, switch off ECM
    Be careful because this might result in data loss, and only change this if the System administrator request this and that this change is
    done at own risk
    SP 1-104-002 ( COM SW 01 ) Bit 0 to 0
    5. Use of the default G3 protocol mode
    SP 1-105-003 ( G3 SW 02 ) Bit 0 to 1
    6. Max allowable block intervall when receiving image files /decoding time of the first line in the reception mode.
    SP 1-105-011 ( G3 SW 0A ) Bit 4 and 6 to 1


    All that said, have you checked the phone line out with a handset? I've had a couple where the customer actually had VOICEMAIL enabled on their fax line.... and if there's a message, the dial tone does a 4-5 beep repeat before settling into a steady tone. If the fax board hears that, it won't pick up the call. Something to check into.

    Thank you I will try these setting/ I have not tried this but it sounds possible because machine does ring and communication light does come on then machine hangs up no errors of log info is generated?


  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gothenburg
    Posts
    801
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: MPC3502 VOIP Not Receiving Faxes

    Most of VoIP tweaks affects both tx and rx so this might be another issue. You might tweak the cable - modify it so just the two middle wires inside the RJ11 connector are wired to the connector on the other end of your fax cable. Also try and see what happens if you're connecting an analogue phone and call the fax nr with your cell.


  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Stuttgart/Baden Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    788
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: MPC3502 VOIP Not Receiving Faxes

    Hi there!
    Last week my coworker had this problem, it wasn´t a VoiP-problem, it was the fax-modul.
    Greetings...

    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #8
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MPC3502 VOIP Not Receiving Faxes

    guitar9199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Eveleth, MN
    Posts
    545
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: MPC3502 VOIP Not Receiving Faxes

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotz View Post
    Thank you I will try these setting/ I have not tried this but it sounds possible because machine does ring and communication light does come on then machine hangs up no errors of log info is generated?

    It's entirely possible... But you won't know until you plug in a telephone into their line and listen for noises, strange tones, or even someone voice!! (I've seen that before too!)


  9. #9
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: MPC3502 VOIP Not Receiving Faxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    Last week my coworker had this problem, it wasn´t a VoiP-problem, it was the fax-modul.
    Greetings...
    Thank you but we have replaced Fax Module as well as entire machine


  10. #10
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: MPC3502 VOIP Not Receiving Faxes

    Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    It's entirely possible... But you won't know until you plug in a telephone into their line and listen for noises, strange tones, or even someone voice!! (I've seen that before too!)
    Thank you I will go there next week


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here