Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MP CW2200 J002

MP CW2200 J002

I have an MP CW2200 that is stuck in J002 (B section). I have check all over the machine for a paper jam, and found none. All sensor actuators are free and not hung up. I notice that the carriage goes to HP, then moves to the solenoid to press on the head bladder, but stops between K1 and K2 print head plungers. Both the sensors above the maintenance unit are working (1 to 0).Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP CW2200 J002

Re: MP CW2200 J002

J002 on most Ricoh's is a second paper source feed jam. Check second roll paper feed

Re: MP CW2200 J002

CW2200 - one of my favorite machines (NOT!). Your jam code says "The carriage does not return to the home position on the right side of the machine during edge detection or printing due to an obstruction (torn, wrinkled paper).
    First, have the machine do a carriage move WITHOUT paper loaded to see if it will pass this test. I would check that your paper is loaded OK and the lead edge is not damaged. The second thing is check the Horizontal Encoder (Mylar) Strip for wear - many CW2200 problems are resolved by this strip. Thirdly, possible DRESS Sensor problem.