Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    7

    Ricoh SPC352dn FACTORY SP MODE????

    Hi All,

    RICOH SP352DN

    I have replaced the Eprom on the Engine PCB I need to get the device into FACTORY SP mode. (not normal SP)

    Anyone know the sequenece of keys - device does not have numeric key pad as it is a Printer SP352dn model.

    Thanks in advance

    Batman1976

  2. #2
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    9,386
    Rep Power
    204

    Re: Ricoh SPC352dn FACTORY SP MODE????

    Is there a reason why you replaced the EEPROM?

  3. #3
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Ricoh SPC352dn FACTORY SP MODE????

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Is there a reason why you replaced the EEPROM?
    Eprom was suggested by Ricoh tech to cure on going wierd Print quality issue. Fitted Eprom and device has reset to Japanese and no serial number etc. When looking in service manual it directs you to enter FACTORY SP mode but suggests you must contact Ricoh Represenative (which I have done). They have now escalated it to Ricoh Europe as the usual sequence of keys is not available on this model.

    Just reaching out to see if anyone else knows how to do this?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    9,386
    Rep Power
    204

    Re: Ricoh SPC352dn FACTORY SP MODE????

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman1976 View Post
    Eprom was suggested by Ricoh tech to cure on going wierd Print quality issue. Fitted Eprom and device has reset to Japanese and no serial number etc. When looking in service manual it directs you to enter FACTORY SP mode but suggests you must contact Ricoh Represenative (which I have done). They have now escalated it to Ricoh Europe as the usual sequence of keys is not available on this model.

    Just reaching out to see if anyone else knows how to do this?

    Thanks
    And you failed to follow the service manual and back up to an SD card.

  5. #5
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Ricoh SPC352dn FACTORY SP MODE????

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    And you failed to follow the service manual and back up to an SD card.
    NVRAM has been back up with SD card. Which I have uploaded to device. However certain SP modes require Factory Sp to set language and serial number as per TDC manual.

  6. #6
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    9,386
    Rep Power
    204

    Re: Ricoh SPC352dn FACTORY SP MODE????

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman1976 View Post
    NVRAM has been back up with SD card. Which I have uploaded to device. However certain SP modes require Factory Sp to set language and serial number as per TDC manual.
    The EEPROM can also be backed up. You only need to access factory mode if you didn't.

  7. #7
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Ricoh SPC352dn FACTORY SP MODE????

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The EEPROM can also be backed up. You only need to access factory mode if you didn't.
    The Upload function appears not to work. Reading the service manual it recommends putting the device in FACTORY SP (cover open) and reentering Language region and various other SP modes. Awaiting a response from Ricoh Europe as key sequence is not supplied in manual.

  8. #8
    How'd ya manage that? 500+ Posts zed255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    910
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Ricoh SPC352dn FACTORY SP MODE????

    You have a PM.
    Zed
    One out of four people is mentally unbalanced.
    Think of your three closest friends...
    If they seem okay, then You're The One.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here