Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Methedor's Avatar

Stapling of Multi Single Page Print [Repost]

[[The previous thread posted as a Block instead of a respond-able post. Mods could you please delete the original thread as not to clutter the Forum. Thank you]]

Hello folks. I am working with a client using Counter Point point of sale system who is wanting their invoices stapled. According to their Counter Point IT the Invoice is rendered as multiple jobs in the form of an original and a copy. Our MPC 3503 won't staple both, though it will hold and 'non-staple' the individual pages. At the IT's behest I've been looking into trying to set the print copies to 2 and have it staple. So far this has failed. I haven't seen anything in the manual about print settings that would allow this.

As a note: Counter Point is looking at the driver values and so far I have been told that the POS system cannot give specific commands to printer such as Staple or Color for instance.
    I have tried the following sensical and nonsensical things in order to get a Copy 2 on Prints to Staple:
    Set Copy to 2 in Printer Features
    Tray Priory to Driver Command
    Set Copies to 1 and have had the POS system send the Invoice twice
    Job Separation = ON

As far as I can tell this isn't possible as they would like it. That being said, another office of the client's as it working on a Xerox. I haven't been able to get information on how, if it is a printer adjustment at the machine or PC. Or if there is a third party program intercepting and integrating the jobs into one. I am assuming that their POS system set up is the same as it is apart of the same company doing the same things, just in another state. This would indicate either I am wrong and lacking in this bit of knowledge or the Xerox has capabailites in this regard that are different from the Ricoh MPC 3503.

Thank you for Reading and hop I was understandable.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Stapling of Multi Single Page Print [Repost]

Re: Stapling of Multi Single Page Print [Repost]

The quickest way I can see is to print as file to a directory. There are programs that will monitor that directory for new files, merge those files into a single document and print that document.

thank you for the replay slimslob. I've been looking into programs like that and found Ricoh Print & Share, but it does cost some coin. While your specific idea mgiht work it appears to have the added task of needing to delete the files at some point just due to accumulation, again, from the programs I've been looking at. I've been trying to go free when possible. However I have not excised your or these idea from 'the list'.

Are there any other thoughts that I might be able to research or perform? So far my searches as to make the printer staple print-copies have been nil. From the Print Mngt front the program I had tried didn't include any finishing abilities and didn't appear to allow automation. Thank you for reading and responding.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Set default parameters in the Ricoh MFD to always staple all jobs.
    The Point-Of-Sales system can send more than one page to the Ricoh MFD ,or a single lone page.
    The Ricoh finisher will not staple any sent job that contains only one single page.

You may have to take the MFD off "Driver Command" setting.

HTH
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Thank you Neo-Matrix. Looks like i must of missed the Alert for this thread. I had set the print driver to staple, but you are referring to the MFP itself? Is this an SP mode item? I don't recall settings of such options under the print menu in the MFP itself. The POS IT guy claims that it, the POS, will send duplicates as separate jobs; I hope he is mistaken. It'd be great if this worked without having to go to a paid solution as I've been looking at Ricoh Print & Share due to its management abilities of incorporating 'objects' like job copies into a single print job.
    I'll look at the 3503 service manual for SP Codes in the meantime.
    Thank you for reading and responding.

Ok folks, Finally. I set up Ricoh Print & Share as the only automated viable option that I could find. I tested it at the office and with help of their Point of Sales IT I got the Trial on their requested systems; it is working. I can't help but still feel like there is some simpler option that I just missed. In any case it is working thus far and we wil see if they bite.

Thank You for all of your advice and thoughts.