Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ricoh 3310L Fax, won't send without on hook

This Ricoh 3310L all of a sudden won't dial out without the on hook dial tone. It just beeps if you try to input a phone #. I got it to work with the on hook but cust. said it's never needed it before. I scrolled thru the menu but could find nothing that had anything to change sending feature. Any thoughts? Again always appreciate the input. Kevin

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    If it's plugged into their own PABX system I would ask if their I.T or the telephone company that looks after it have changed anything recently.

That's happen to me a couple of times where they login and take a look and then suddenly realize what the problem is.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

E Winter
    The ricohs tends to be a bit picky regarding this things. Try to switch between PABX and ExtLine setting inside the G3 menue somewhere in the user program. Usually you can use the Ext.Line setting even is there's a PABX enviroment. If that doesn't work, you can disable the dial tone recognition on newer models generally with user SW22 bit 0 (change default) - dunno if that does also works for the 3310L, if not you may can try another country set like UK wich is a pretty tolerant preset (dunno if that is ok for the US area but I guess so).

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Update on this issue! The machine was calling for a PCU at the same time, apparently the need for a PCU replacement locks up the keyboard after awhile. Replaced PCU turn off and on and bingo working again! Going on hook went around it! Did not even think of that