Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ricoh C210 SF opc belt help!

Anybody know if the PCU type 140 green belt for the Ricoh C210sf is the same as the Brother and Lexmart belts???? I have a customer that has 14,000 prints and it's saying replace opc belt already! Also it may have a fuser issue which I hope one of the other manufacturers will work. The reason for this question is the brother and lexmark parts appear to be cheaper. Thanks for all info.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    I think it's a re-badged Brother design so it's possible the parts are interchangable, but I have never tried.

Sometimes they do slightly change something to stop you doing stuff like that, internal poltics.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Yes,

Both the Lexmark and the Brother OPC's work. W euse the Lexmark ones as they are 1/3 the price of the Ricoh ones. The funny thing is we can buy the whole machine from Lexmark for less than the OPC belt from Ricoh

weep
    may u specify lexmark code? i think c210sp matches brother MFC 9420CN and its part # is OP4CL, is it right? TIA

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    The Lexmark number is C500X26G. I don't know the Lexmark models it is used in.

art-tonermax

Re: Ricoh C210 SF opc belt help!

Yeap, Ricoh type 140 pcu is the same thing as Brother OP-4CL. The Lexmark you can use here is this one: 20K0504. Happy printing !

Art Orange
    Technical Director at TonerMAX.com

art-tonermax

Yeap, Ricoh type 140 pcu is the same thing as Brother OP-4CL. The Lexmark you can use here is this one: 20K0504. Happy printing !

(delete my first post please)

FoxKat

Who knows where I can get the above belt (or suitable substitute such as Lexmark) for less than an arm and a leg? LOL! Best price I've found is $219 shipped on eBay. Existing belt shows microfine cracks on edges and in a few spots in the main print area, that can be seen when light hits it at an extreme angle. These cracks (look like scratches) produce blotches and sporadic color dots in the same (reverse) patterns on the paper, as well as printing being very light overall. Printer says belt is 0%, but sad to say after only about 14K printings (just like OP above). Customer is having a fit about it. Trying to keep the relationship and not lose altogether.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by FoxKat; 12-09-2012 at 04:12 AM.