Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    bjs

Thumbs down Ricoh 7300 DL paper smearing problem

I have a Ricoh cl7300dl printer. Recently when we try to print, the magenta smears accross the page. There are no error messages that appear on the lcd on the printer. This is the second time in two weeks that this has started. Last week all three colors were smearing together. I replaced every user replaceble module in the printer and it was fine for about three days. Now it has started again. Any ideas?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Sounds like the magenta drum may be bad, or maybe a transfer belt problem as magenta is the first unit against the belt in the paper path.

bjs

How to order the transfer belt

A technitian stated that there is a small hole in the transfer belt however he did not say that I should order a new one. Is the belt a part of a larger part that needs to be ordered? If so I can't seem to find it referenced as a 7300dl part on the internet.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    That is a part that a technician needs to replace. It's not an easy swap out like a PCU or developer unit. The transfer belt is highly important to correct colour registration on this model, if not properly installed you will have a lot more problems than you do now.

bjs
    Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate the information your providing. I understand that this part is not user servicable, however I just wanted to order one to keep it on hand so that the service technician would be able to replace it when he is here, rather than have to have him order it and then make a return trip. The printer is about 3 years old. The transfer belt has never been replaced. The technician stated that the belt has a small hole and will probably have to be changed in the future.

Service Manager 250+ Posts FRIDGEMAGNET's Avatar
    This sounds like it could be a waste toner blockage and it is backed up to the PCU cleaner unit - could be a faulty toner pump or waste coil.
    The hole in the transfer belt would not give smearing copies - more like colour offset.