Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ben

ricoh 7000 reset fusing unit correctly message

ricoh 7000 g080 reset fusing unit correctly message
    Hello guys

I have a message on a copier ricoh 7000:

""reset fusing unit correctly"" message

Iam only find something on page 6-27 in the service manual, but till now after a couple of hour I do not find the problem
    somebody had some advised

I try already another fusing unit with now result.

thanks in advanced ben

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Vesigoth's Avatar

Ricoh 7000

Hi Ben,
    Try getting into service mode (All Reset, 1,0,7, Stop and hold down the stop key) go to Data log find S/C jam reset shut off the main power switch, wait 10 seconds and turn on the copier again. Good luck.

E Winter
    1. I think it's not a good idea to spread this information (how to enter sp) in public
    2. that key combination won't work on a CL7000

I think the display message is not refering to a SC code. Sounds like the fusing unit isn't set up correctly - check the parts wich are involved in the detection of the funing unit.

Check also the fuser connectors if there's stucked paper inside (I'd bet this is your problem).

ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sommer View Post
    1. I think it's not a good idea to spread this information (how to enter sp) in public
    2. that key combination won't work on a CL7000

I think the display message is not refering to a SC code. Sounds like the fusing unit isn't set up correctly - check the parts wich are involved in the detection of the funing unit.

Check also the fuser connectors if there's stucked paper inside (I'd bet this is your problem).

Hello Jan,
    I now the service code, the 7000 with have the problem don't had a scanner.
    But that s not the problem, i have also all service manuals.

But i check already or there is paper somewhere but there is no paper.

I try already another fuserunit from a running m/c, an the problem is still in these m/c. and the other m/c is running with the fusing unit out the problem m/c.
    I have 15 years experience with another brand of copiers, but lesser experience with ricoh.
    Which parts do you mean with"" check the parts wich are involved in the detection of the funing unit."""?????

I hope somebody had more idees.
    best regards ben

E Winter
    Have you also checked the fuser connector of the machine if there's stucked paper inside? This is sometimes not easy to see at the first look.

There's also a sensor wich is detecting the fuser paper exit feeler but afaik a broken one may just force a paper jam message.

ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Sommer View Post
    Have you also checked the fuser connector of the machine if there's stucked paper inside? This is sometimes not easy to see at the first look.

There's also a sensor wich is detecting the fuser paper exit feeler but afaik a broken one may just force a paper jam message.

hallo jan,
    Yes i check your suggestions already, but i have the same problem with 5 the same printers!! All just imported!!!

Ben

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    All imported? From where to where?

Just thinking out loud here, but say the imported machine is using a different voltage to the fusing unit you have in it, that would explain the odd errors, especially with all 5 of them doing it. Could be the machine's aren't getting enough power too.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar

Double Posting

This is exactly what I told Ben over on this thread two days ago. There are two threads on this same issue...here in this forum and here

Should have the two threads merged.

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.

unTrusted Tech 250+ Posts imaginemoko's Avatar
    it may look like the machine is for 220v then you put a fusing unit working for 110v even same model it will appear a fusing setting error, basically its obvious the difference. secondly connector pins male to it female chassy has also diffrent configuration or pins connection....if maybe this is the case.. well... maybe we could solve the problem sir...

E Winter
    Quote Originally Posted by imaginemoko View Post
    it may look like the machine is for 220v then you put a fusing unit working for 110v even same model it will appear a fusing setting error, basically its obvious the difference. secondly connector pins male to it female chassy has also diffrent configuration or pins connection....if maybe this is the case.. well... maybe we could solve the problem sir...
    agree - different marketing and/or voltage areas may have different pin assignments on the connectors.