Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Aficio 1075 DFU Scanning problems

We have several of this machines that when copying from DFU cut the image in half, or move it up or down like 2 inches and several other problems related to the scanning position in the DFU. This problem shows up randomly and we couldn't find any given factor that can trigger this.
    It has nothing to do with duplex, as it shows up in single or double sided copies. It has nothing to do with the originals either, since sometimes it will copy certain original just fine and other times not. It also has nothing to do with the amount of originals you put in the feeder, sometimes it shows up with only 10 originals and sometimes it copys 100 originals just fine.
    We've already try swapping the DFU with another machine and the problem persists, so it's not in this unit.
    Any help I would be very thankful, I'll get some samples and scan them for you to see them.
    Thanks a lot

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar
    Seen this a lot of times. Replace the DF Size harness and the sensors. See attached - parts are highlighted. Make note that you need all four sensors 3 of #16 and 1 of #17.

The explanation of why this shifts the image is that the width of the paper is not sensed correctly. The constant opening and closing of the top cover of the DF bends the wires and eventually breaks them at the point where they are routed through back frame.

Sometimes I have seen the guide below with a broken locating pin on the rear side but 90% of the time the sensors and harness will fix ya right up.

PS--Next time post this question in the copier Forum and you will get a faster reply...guaranteed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.

unTrusted Tech 250+ Posts imaginemoko's Avatar
    your problem is on the width sensors... try to clean it first or disconnect then connect to the board... if no avail.... then replace.

Service Manager 250+ Posts FRIDGEMAGNET's Avatar
    I had this problem once - took ages to find until I watched the operator loading the originals - he would put them in and then move them in the tray slightly.
    This was enough to move the copy down the page in varying amounts.