Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    I don't think it's a good idea to tell a non-tech the way to enter the service mode. The service mode is for technicians who know what they're doing, not for customers!
    You can do a lot of damage if you don't know what you're doing!

You can simply reset the 544 Service Call, but what caused this SC??? I bett this SC will return.
    I'm with you on this one. SP's are for trained techs.

Relax! This firmware injection won't hurt...but it will take 45 minutes.

h.lubecks

Wink

I don't think it's a good idea to tell a non-tech the way to enter the service mode. The service mode is for technicians who know what they're doing, not for customers!

You can simply reset the 544 Service Call, but what caused this SC??? I bett this SC will return.
    You are wright, some one who don't have the knowledge, will damage his machine, I also think he will not be able to find this forum. Eric1968, for your information I am an engineer in mechanics, electronics and computer sciences. it is just I don't have the technical schematic drawings of the machine, so I am not some one in a office behind the books, I know what I was doing.

and everyone repeated that my changing of the password has nothing to do with this problem, I was just putting the moment that the error acquired in view.

I was overwhelmed when I saw how much response I had from people trying to help me. The people that help other people just from the goodness of their hart, will not be forgotten,
    what goes around comes around.

I will later update my profile so you know what my knowledge is, if someone needs help in that area and I can help, I will be glad to do so,

thank you all,
    Hans
    Last edited by h.lubecks; 03-09-2009 at 12:04 AM.

Technicien de copieur 100+ Posts Zoren's Avatar
    no guts, no glory man......
    Just came out from hybernation.....

h.lubecks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Zoren View Post
    no guts, no glory man......
    I know the reason of this error, I live in a place in Belgium, where the power is very unstable, time to time you see the light strength change, so what I think is I was operating the machine, then a paper with windows test page came out, and very clear, no one was printing anything, so it had low temperature and it trigger the fueser, it is working fine now, I will put an UPS on the machine so it gets constant power.

what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by h.lubecks View Post
    I know the reason of this error, I live in a place in Belgium, where the power is very unstable, time to time you see the light strength change, so what I think is I was operating the machine, then a paper with windows test page came out, and very clear, no one was printing anything, so it had low temperature and it trigger the fueser, it is working fine now, I will put an UPS on the machine so it gets constant power.

what do you think?
    to right we are here to help each other

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar

I agree with you here, we had a customer who found the codes online, then proceeded to rest the machine using 801..... not once but twice in 6 months.... Do you have any idea how long it takes to reprogramme a colour machine!? I strongly suggest that these codes should not be given to non-trained people. Because if it goes wrong, it will wind up on your doorstep.

Technicien de copieur 100+ Posts Zoren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by h.lubecks View Post

what do you think?

so i was right on my 1st reply.. only a sudden power surged can trigger that fuser error...

UPS/APC is the best way to avoid that problem the second time....
    Just came out from hybernation.....

Any reply to help one another is aprreciated provided that it is from goodwill . The receiver have to interpret intelligently otherwises "you break it you pay for it" .
    The problem is not only knowledge but also material ( manual service ).
    "The mind are like parachute they only function when they are open". My 2 cents .
    Best regards.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    @Hans

I'm not questioning your knowledge about electronics, mechanics etc, but I have seen people messing around in the Service Mode switching thing on and off, and making adjustments.
    So I get a little bit nervous when I see someone, who hasn't done Ricoh training, make adjustments in the Service Mode.

Eric