Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

RICOH CL-7200 - What do you think? ;-)

Hi Folks,

woohoo, I am so excited: Yesterday I found a RICOH CL-7200 for just 299,- Euro (approx. 440.- US-Dollars) on E-Bay Germany (URL: Ricoh Aficio CL7200DN / CL7200 DN / CL 7200 DN *MA15* bei eBay.de: Farblaserdrucker (endet 03.11.09 09:09:25 MEZ ).
    The facts: 384 MB of RAM installed, Counter: 201.000 Pages, Duplex-Unit installed, delivery to my house included, good overall-condition.

It was an "overnight-decision", although the printer on the picture doesn't seem to come with a duplex-unit, but today the vendor told me on the phone, that they sold three devices and used only one picture for all of them.

Until today I used a very good working RICOH CL-7000 (which I sold to a teammate in our school this morning).

Now that the deal is done, I am beginning to fear that this decision wasn't the best at all, because I trusted on the philosophy "the never, the better". But a closer look reveals, that many companies changed their policies to offer their units for a low amount of money for higher priced expendable items.

What do you think? I need a helping hand! ;-)

Regards,
    NewOrder

PS: Why has the CL-7200 a throughput of only 32ppm instead of 38ppm (CL-7000)?
    PPS: Sorry for my bad english...

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    It could be a good machine, BUT... Do you know the quality of the PCU's, Development Units, and Fusing Unit? This machine isn't one of the most recent models (I think this one is from 2005). It could be a good choice, but don't expect too much for € 299,-

Hi Eric '68,

I started with a RICOH AP-3800C long ago (in 2003). It worked well for about 4 years (and continued to work in our school until now) - several maintenance-kits had to be renewed, but I was fascinated by the technology; so I decided to buy a 'new' 'old' (=used) RICOH CL-7000 in 2007 (which works fine until today) - 'the newer, the better' I thought and I think I was right - faster, several minor changes... (user interface, 400MHz-Processor...)

Now I saw the CL-7200-offer on Ebay and I couldn't resist - the doubts you showed up are mine, too - at least after two nights thinking about it - Let's hope, they won't come true...

Regards,
    NewOrder
    PS: Sorry for my bad english