Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Jim McCrea

Ricoh 3245c fax stuck on receive file

Hello. I am new to this site. I work for a mortgage company in Pittsburgh. I somehow have been given the role of the "jack of all trades" guy in the office because of computer training I had before I got into this field. So when something breaks I hear a "JIM" being shouted down the hallway. Unfortunatly I heard it today. I know very little about fax machines and we have a Ricoh Aficio 3245c that really doesnt like anyone in our office, especially me. Thismorning my processor told me that the machine was receiving a fax and just crapped out. She reset it and when it came back up it was stuck on receive file. I was wondering if any of you have seen this before and if so how to reset or cancel the job. I have tried numerous things and cant seem to get it to go away. Any input would be greatly appreciated so we dont have to pay $120.00 an hour for someone to come here, press two buttons for 5min. and charge us for the whole hour.

Thank you so much,
    Jim

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar
    Jim if shut it off then turning it back on doesn't work you will need a technician on site to evaluate the situation.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Jim McCrea
    I was able to fix this. If this happens to anyone else, you have to remove all power from the machine for atleast 24hrs(I did all weekend) and the internal batteries lose power so it loses the files that were stuck in the memory. Im not sure if thats the actual reason but its all I can seem to figure out and it seems logical. I hope this experiance is able to help someone else. Thank you to knightfall for your response.

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McCrea View Post
    the internal batteries lose power so it loses the files that were stuck in the memory. Im not sure if thats the actual reason
    No they don't and its not.

Can you tell me how to arrange my own mortgage? I don't want to pay those expensive fees for someone to spend 5 minutes pressing a few buttons on a calculator.

Jim McCrea

Id spend $6,000 to save $46,000 any day of the week

Quote Originally Posted by zyqwiz View Post
    No they don't and its not.

Can you tell me how to arrange my own mortgage? I don't want to pay those expensive fees for someone to spend 5 minutes pressing a few buttons on a calculator.

Yes I can. Its part of my job. See how that works is you would call me and I would then do a no cost, no obligation overview of your mortgage that would allow you to see if paying those "expensive" fees were a good idea. What apparantly you and a lot of people dont usually realize is that when they do refinance those "expensive" fees get rolled into the loan and over the course of 30 yrs or whatever the term is pay for themself with the savings that the loan makes for you. Just to give you an idea of what I mean, if you had a 250,000 mtg with a 6% rate over 30yrs your mtg payment for principle and interest would be 1,498. Lets say that on average it costs about 6,000 to redo a mortgage "including your taxes and insurance that have to be paid in full for a year" We can get 4.875% on a 30 yr right now making your principle and interest payment $1,323. That is a savings of $175 a month. Times that by 12months in a year= $2,100 a year you save. Times that by the we will say 25 years you had left to pay on the current mtg. and you have saved yourself $52,500. Subtract the $6000 it cost to Refi and you just saved $46,500. I dont know about you but I would pay $6,000 to save $46,000 anyday of the week. If you want to go over your situation I would be happy to help. 866-388-6789 ext.22. Oh and by the way I pressed about 40 buttons and that took me 10 min. What you dont see is that I then have to put in about 20 hrs doing everything else to get loans to the closing table. Of all fees it costs to refi I see a very small portion of them for what I do for the borrower.

Jim McCrea
    This will be my last and only post to this site. I apparently missed the purpose of what this site was here for. I thought is was to get help from other people when having issues with our office equiptment, but I guess not, considering the last response I got. If I offended any technician in anyway with my post, I apologize. I meant no offense by it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McCrea View Post
    This will be my last and only post to this site. I apparently missed the purpose of what this site was here for. I thought is was to get help from other people when having issues with our office equiptment, but I guess not, considering the last response I got. If I offended any technician in anyway with my post, I apologize. I meant no offense by it.
    This is the Technician site, We exchanged technical informations for the trade to make our job easier. Years of breathing with toners, joy and pain on the jobs. You have your trade we had ours. Sorry, You need to spend some money to get the machine fix so Technician can survive.

Jim McCrea
    I lied, I am going to make one more post. It worked for two days after leaving it off and turning it back on before starting to have the same error. The problem was that there was a tiny piece of paper stuck on the roller and every now and then it would missfeed the paper without giving a missfeed error. While it was doing that it was holding the incoming fax in the memory which was the reason the light was staying on. The second I got the piece of paper off the wheel it printed the fax right out.