Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Ricoh 5510L - Clearing NVRAM???

Hi Everyone,

Is it posssible to clear the NVRAM on the Ricoh 5510L? I see the board with the battery and the RAM and it has a little pin jumper on it. Will jumpering this wipe it out? If not, Is there a way to set this machine back to factory default in the SP mode? I cannot seem to find it in the menu.

Thanks in Advance!
    Evil

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Ricoh 5510L - Clearing NVRAM???

I don't know exactly if the 5510L is an original Ricoh Device and not such a Samsung or Sagem thing. TESSA don't know it. It it is build by Ricoh, try to use SP 5-801, this SP will set the maschine to factory default. There will be no reset of counter and serial number. Make sure to print out the SMC Report (SP5-990) before reseting, so you can restore the data if needed.

There is a second way to reset the NV-RAM. But it can happen that the RAM will be destroyed.

Disconnect NVRAM from socket
    Rotate it 180 °
    Connect it to socket
    Switch on maschine for 5 seconds than switch off
    Turn the RAM back

Explaination: If you turn the RAM and switch on the device, +5 V come to the reset pin of NVRAM and it's memory is lost (incl. counters and serial number).
    After reconnecting, you have to set the serial number.

Please do this procedure only if your device is build by Ricoh and if SP 5-801 does not fix the problem.

Technician
    Hey TerraMobil,
    Yeah, I used to flip the chips in the old Aficio 450's to clear them. I use a programmer for that now. This fax is definitely a Ricoh product judging by the menus but it doesn't have the standard SP mode format so I don't think those codes will help me here. Anybody have any other suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Evil