Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    everwood

disabled tcp/ip Ricoh Aficio 1013F

I, when I tried to change the IP address, I have turned off. How can I re-enable it, since I don't have access via IP?

Rgs
    everwood

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar
    How did you shut off IP address? Through User Tools or Service Mode?
    sp5801-8 resets printer application but don't know if that will help.
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

everwood
    Through the browser I wanted to change the IP address, but cleaned up the 'Enable TCP/IP' option (something like that). Now i don't have access via browser to be able to reactivate TCP/IP.

What is sp5801-8?

everwood

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar
    This can occur if the Web services has been turned off in either the Web Image Monitor or from a telnet command for this device.

To check the status of these services you will need to telnet into the device.

1. From a command prompt type telnet then the IP Address of the device

2. Telnet will respond back with a request for a login and then a password. Enter the login and password. The login and password used for Telnet are the same credentials that are used to log into the device’s Web Image Monitor (WIM).

3. Type in show at the msh> command prompt.

This will output many lines of information. The information you are concerned with is under the TCP/IP-Mode heading. You may need to scroll up in the command prompt window to see these services. The device’s services will be shown followed by their status. The ‘show’ command will show if the services are enabled (UP) or Disabled (Down).

4. If Web shows a down status, at the command prompt msh> type in set web up.

5. At the command prompt msh> type in logout

6. To make your changes Active you must type yes when prompted to "save configuration data"
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

everwood
    No, I don't have turned off the Web Service, I have turned off TCP/IP (there is an option that allows this), so TCP/IP address didn't exists now. And so, no Telnet access is possible.

There isn't a simple way to reset the factory setting? It solves my problem.

everwood

KeyOp-Jeff
    EverWood,
    The B046 AKA Gestetner 1302F, Aficio 1013F, Savin 2513F or Lanier 5613F does not have SP5801-8, it only has 5801-1.
    A word of caution, do NOT execute SP5801-1 (all) unless you are following the Field Service Document (FSD) to the letter.
    Since the B046 does not have SP5801-11 (NCS) try the following.
    You will have to use the user tools on the MFP.
    Press “User Tools”, navigate the following, “Printer Features”, “Network Setup”, “IP Address”,
    Enter the desired IP address. Do the same for the subnet and gateway. . Hope this helps.