Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    topgum2

Ricoh MP C2550 prints on wrong side of letterhead when duplexing

I am troubleshooting a problem with a Ricoh MPc2500. Windows XP system PCL 5 and PCL6 drivers tried. Single sided pages come out correct ( text is on the side with the letterhead) but double sided printing prints the first page on the back and the second page on the front. The top of the document is correct on both sides (top of document at top of page relative to letterhead imprint) This happens in MS word, printing from the internet and from other applications. If I reverse the paper to correct the problem with duplex printing then it comes out backwards in single sided printing.

The only work around I have found in Word, when printing, in the initial print window Lower left corner select options, then on next screen place a check on the box labeled "reverse print order" . In that case a duplex job prints correctly. That options is not available to print from a browser window or other software in use.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    Have you tried setting the machine for 'Letterhead Mode' under user tools printer?

topgum2

yes

yes

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Do you want to print onto orientation specific stock lLetterhead/Continuation) in both simplex and duplex modes?
    If so you will need to configure two trays in user tools correctly. (User tools, System settings, Tray paper setting, paper type tray x =Letterhead,Apply duplex NO. Paper Type Tray Y=Letterhead, Apply duplex=Yes.) The set User Tools, Printer Features, System, Letterhead Setting to ON. Otherwise just configure on tay accordingly.
    Then from the print driver's paper tab ensure auto paper select is set and the media type is set to Lettehead. Choosing eithe simplex or duplex printing from the main settings of the driver will ensure the correct tray is selected and the correct output is achieved.

topgum2
    Thanks. I was hoping there was a way to do it from one paper tray and not have to use 2. My cheap HP inkjet has duplexing and there is only 1 paper orientation and the machine knows where to put page 1 and 2 in either simplex or duplex. I cant believe this high end machine does not have that degree of sophistication.
    Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Not a problem and thanks for the follow up. I think you'll find that Ricoh's duplexing is more complex is due to the interleaving process employed by the the device which reduces the machines footprint whilst maintaining output speed.

keenanA

Re: Ricoh MP C2550 prints on wrong side of letterhead when duplexing

Great facts about letterhead. It would be nice if you put some images of your letterhead.

Jack32

Re: Ricoh MP C2550 prints on wrong side of letterhead when duplexing

You need to check again all the functionality of your printer and then print letterhead. Letterhead is very important for providing services of your products.