Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Canonzac

Ricoh FT 3713 Error code e-70

Can someone tell me what this code means and how to reset it so I can troubleshoot the problem pick up copier at a yard sale for free. i work on canon copiers and have not any access to ricoh information.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    Used (waste) toner overflow

Machine should return to a working state after it's been emptied.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Technician
    The waste toner is full and it has to be emptied and the errorcode must be reset in "SP-Mode".I think it was SP83 (it is very long ago since i worked with this machine) if you press the button's 71 and hold down Clear/stop key until a dot appears in the windowcorner and then immediately press lighter "exposurecontrol" then you are in SP-Mode (if i remember correctly)
    otherwise send me a mail and i will help you further
    Last edited by Anders Nilsson; 11-15-2007 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Forgotten half message

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh FT 3713 Error code e-70

Turn on dip switch 101-2 to enter service mode. Run SP 83 to clear the waste toner error.

mraktrak

Ricoh 3713 Toner overflow "E 70" message.

I followed the advice gleaned here.

After cleaning the toner overflow container, I reinserted it and got the same error message.

What we need to do next is find out which keys to press and for how long so that we can remove that error message.

Believe me, photocopy repair people really earn their money!

Besides the filth and dust from toner, there is the almost infinite knowledge required to tackle all the makes and models of all the companies....

UNBELIEVABLE ! I'm never doing that again!

Best regards,

Walter

julieannjohn

Just where is the used toner?

I understand that I need to empty the used toner container and then run a service program mode but I do not know where the used toner is. I have a thick "Operating Manual and Parts Catalog with Diagrams" book and think I may have found it. Is it possibly called the "toner collection shaft"? If so, does anyone have tips on how to get to it? I'm not even sure if I've found it in the copy machine. This copy machine was bought real cheap from a university and has given me no problems. It's just that now, what should be a simple maintenance procedure seems impossible. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Julie

Technician

E70

in the cleaning unit (in the container behind the cleaning blade)

julieannjohn

Thanks for your quick reply!

I think I have found it. Could you look at the picture and tell me if it's "C"? I think that's it. If that's it, does it slide out after removing the retaining ring? Thanks again for you quick reply!
    Julie
    copymachinesmaller pictures from home & garden photos on webshots

Technician

E70

I'ts the unit "A" and you release the screw ,squeeze the lever (the brownish thing) and pull the unit out, loosen the top cover (4 srew's) if i remember correct.Then empty the container in a plastic (or equal) bag and dispose in accordance of local law and restrictions then you vacuum clean the unit dust the cleaning blade with setting powder (or toner) to prevent the blade to grip in the drum and cause damage.Good luck
    Yours
    Anders

julieannjohn

Getting closer now

Okay, that's great! Now, just to be sure I'm doing this right, is the first screw you're talking about the one that I've pointed out here?
    whichscrew pictures from home & garden photos on webshots

If so, then I think I can follow the rest of your directions! Thanks so much!
    Julie