Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Babs

Ricoh CL7100 Page Margin Problem

I have purchased a used Richo CL7100 Laser Printer. It is connected via U.S.B. and I am using Driver PCL 5c which I downloaded from the Ricoh site for my Windows XP operating system.

I cannot get it to print anything centered on any size page - in word or any other application. It is printing very uneven page borders.

In the manual it says printer margins are 4.2mm on all sides. In microsoft word it is saying that the printers printable area is top: 4.2mm - bottom: 4.3mm - left: 5mm - right: 5.2mm. If I put 0 values in all of these margins to test the printable area, it rightly says this is outside the printable area and do you want to fix. I say yes, but it still defaults to the uneven values. If I then enter a high value - say 6mm for all sides, it still prints uneven borders. How can I fix the default printer margins to what it says in the manual: 4.2mm on all sides and why when I enter higher values for each margin does it still does not print equal borders. In the machine menu (on the printer console itself) I have changed short edge to long edge and visa versa (which applies to duplex only), tride extending the width for the A4 printable are, tried 0.00 for tray Verts in registration. Nothing changes for duplex printing or just printing normal A4 or A5 prints. To me it would appear that the margins it is defaulting to are making it print off center. Why does it say in the manual that margins are 4.mm on all sides if it is not. Or am I changing/not changing something wrong/right on the console.

Any help much appreciated. As it is it's no use to me at the moment.

kkv
    Same Problem, any kind of help is much appropriated....

Are we missing anything here, it used to work fine till last week, I replaced a faulty Bypass tray, from next day, the same problem, weird thing is, test print on few desktops are centered but when printing word or any other kind of documents, same problem..

Regards
    KKV

kkv
    PS: My printer model is 2045e

Quote Originally Posted by kkv View Post
    Same Problem, any kind of help is much appropriated....

Are we missing anything here, it used to work fine till last week, I replaced a faulty Bypass tray, from next day, the same problem, weird thing is, test print on few desktops are centered but when printing word or any other kind of documents, same problem..

Regards
    KKV

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    Sounds like possibly the end fences in the paper trays are either out of place, or broken. There should be a plastic green thingy to the left of the paper, flush to it in the tray. Both the 7100 and 2045e use one with very small feet that would always break and give all kinds of misfeed and registration problems.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar
    Also if the front and rear guides aren't adjusted properly the margins will be off. Check to see if the front guide is lining up with the size of paper you're using, if not the gears that control them might be broken or missing.
    As for the bypass tray printing, that sounds like an app problem, I had something like that happen with PDF files a while back and they had to get their IT guy to change some settings. If you haven't turned the machine off and on, try that, if you have tried that sorry for the old news.