Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

3228 with an SC387

I have a 3228 with low miles getting an sc387 code (yellow dev unit). When I run a test page the yellow gray scale will be there and then I run it again, no yellow at all and codes out. Pretty simple that the clutch is failing. But after replacing the yellow dev clutch, a day later they called with the same code. This is an older model and starting to get on my nerves. Give me a c4500 or c5000 anytime. Any ideas from you more experienced Ricoh dudes?

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    3228 with an SC387

You can check the process control self check with SC3-975. The result should be "1" if all is normal. Any other result is explained in the service manual. If you dont have the manual, I can help ya out with whatever result you get. Good luck.
    PS. Genuine toner???????
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Thank you my friend. I just started working for this company 3 months ago and have found they use any toner they can get. I found in the past you get what you pay for. GENUINE is the only way to go. I got over 30 years in this industry but my suggestions are somewhat ignored.

It ended up being a dirty ID sensor. I guess yellow is much lighter than the rest and the ID sensor had a hard time readig the patch. When you finally find the fix, like this problem I wanna kick my ass. I know better. After process control all the yellow values were right on. Thanks jonezy999.

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    3228 with an SC387

Glad ya got it sorted mate. Thanks for posting your fix.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Mike Jakson
    I guess yellow is much lighter than the rest and the ID sensor had a hard time readig the patch. When you finally find the fix, like this problem I wanna kick my ass. I know better. After process control all the yellow values were right on. Thanks jonezy999.