Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MP1350 & MP9000

Technician

MP1350 & MP9000

Dear All,

I am facing a problem with MP1350 & MP9000.

Our Engineer went to upgrade the firmware of the MP1350 machine. Mistakenly he upgrade the system firmware first, then he switched OFF & ON - M/C stop booting and started displaying 'please wait'.

We had a MP9000 - we change the BCU of MP9000 into MP1350 - MP1350 started working fine.
    We ordered a BCU for MP9000 (Both the part numbers are same for MP1350 & MP9000).
    Once we got the BCU - we installed into MP9000 & machine was not booting still shows 'Please wait'.
    We have changed the HDD / SD card - still problem remain same on MP9000.

Just for confirmation - we inter change the whole controller unit of MP9000 into MP1350 - Working fine.
    We inter changed the IO board of MP9000 into MP1350 - working fine.

Really, it drives me mad…

I am looking for all of your advice to solve the machine problem.

Thanks & Regards,
    Raja.

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    OK, you in some trouble, first i need too know what firmware is on the MP9000,is it the D101 series, thats what it sounds like.
    B234 5220 comes with the B234 firmware so if you say you updated the SYSTEM on the MP 1350 that means your BCU is still with the B234 firmware in that case you need to order the BCU D101 5220 and youŽll be back in business.
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

RIkon Boy 50+ Posts
    The Latest firmware is the same as the Katana C1.5 or Pro machine as it's becoming known. We are getting a lot of calls on the helpdesk with problems in loading this firmware. If you upgrade to the new firmware, either install the Engine 1st or do the Engine and system together. If the system is done first the machine will lock out!! Showing "Please Wait" on the display. When this occurs, you have 2 options.
    1) is to borrow the system card from a machine that hasn't been upgraded, fit it to the dead machine and upgrade the engine firmware. Then swap the system cards back and the machine will boot ok.
    2) is to borrow the BCU from a machine that has been upgraded to Pro levels (or a genuine Pro version), fit it to the dead machine and then downgrade the System firmware, then swap the BCU back and the machine will boot ok
    If there isn't a machine available to borrow the BCU from and a new one is required, order it from the Pro 906 parts catalogue. (this is also worth remembering if you have to replace the BCU for other reasons)
    When the engine and system firmware are upgraded you will notice that you lose the printer/scanner options so these must also be upgraded to the Pro versions.

This was cut and pasted from a tech bulletin from Ricoh.
    He's not the first tech to do this, I've been there and got the t-shirt.

Technician

MP1350 & MP9000

Dear ,
    As you mentioned,I confirmed the New BCU is B234 & the New SD is D101.
    Now, I have MP9000 which is down and MP1350 which is running fine.
    Please advice the steps to up MP9000.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Raja.

wikus

Re: MP1350 & MP9000

hi there.Im having same problem.Please wait on mp9000.tested complete controler on another mp9000 and is starting up.also tested system card bcu cable & io board.tested bcu on 2 difrent m/c.on 1 m/c it says please wait & on another it starts up.Im confused.Please help.

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wikus View Post

hi there.Im having same problem.Please wait on mp9000.tested complete controler on another mp9000 and is starting up.also tested system card bcu cable & io board.tested bcu on 2 difrent m/c.on 1 m/c it says please wait & on another it starts up.Im confused.Please help.
    Has this issue just occurred of it's own accord or was it the same as the original poster where it only started after a botched firmware update?

Swapping the card between different machines will give different results depending on the the different combinations of firmware, other unrelated issues that can cause "please wait" include damaged harnesses and a bad HDD.

wikus

found problem.down graded firmware to the B234 series.looks like when u upgrade firmware u need the D101 BCU.Because the new firmware is all D101 files.Im looking for B234 NIC firmware if some1 can help please.My m/c is starting up now,but it reads the scanner future & not the printer future.Did enable it in service mode.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by wikus View Post
    found problem.down graded firmware to the B234 series.looks like when u upgrade firmware u need the D101 BCU.Because the new firmware is all D101 files.Im looking for B234 NIC firmware if some1 can help please.My m/c is starting up now,but it reads the scanner future & not the printer future.Did enable it in service mode.

Hi Wikus

Did u come right?

I have the same issue , can u assist me plz