Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Richo Aficio 1515 drum counter reset

I've got a Richo Aficio 1515f that's making perfectly good copies but the "replace drum " is in the display. I downloaded the service manual but can't seem to locate which SP number resets the drum count. I'm not sure if you replace the drum unit it resets the counter at that point or if there's way to do it in the SP mode which would be a great option. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    It's only a replace photoconductor message. The unit will continue to run until the PCU no longer produces an acceptable copy or outright fails. AFAIK there is no SP to reset this. The switch mechanism on the PCU can be reset to trick the machine into thinking the PCU is new but then it will attempt to initialize the already well used (at least 45k) PCU which is not ideal.

The PCU was designed to do 45k. I have seen examples reach 70k but failures like broken gears and leaking developer all over are a PITA, not to mention that quality will start a gradual slide downhill from this point forward. The best thing to do, no BS, is to replace it at the recommended interval.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    You can change, or disable, the change PCU prompt. I don't know the exact SP, but it's in the 7's. I used to always set the 1515 for a change prompt at 60k, or just disable it (a binary value).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    See if this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tonnerboy; 06-09-2011 at 09:06 PM.

TKB

Re: Richo Aficio 1515 drum counter reset

There is no reset, check the contacts on the bottom. Than the reset comes automaticly.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

PCU Counter is not automatically reset in this unit. To reset it you reset the dev counter..I think its the same SP mode as the MP161...SP7 992-004 (if not then it's somewhere around there)

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    PCU Counter is not automatically reset in this unit.
    Oh, yes it is. Make sure with a new PCU that you turn the machine on with the doors open and new PCU installed. When the machine is indicating that a door is open you close it up and it will initialize the new PCU.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    Oh, yes it is. Make sure with a new PCU that you turn the machine on with the doors open and new PCU installed. When the machine is indicating that a door is open you close it up and it will initialize the new PCU.

Hmm, interesting. I just looked in my manual (I only have the MP161 service manual), and although it's not really clear on the procedure, it does suggest that it will calibrate when the machine is powered on. (I usually don't turn them off for a PCU). It's not very specific about resetting the counter, etc (go figure...a poorly written Ricoh service manual !).
    Thanks for pointing that out though. Interestingly, I've replaced tons of these, never calibrated a single one, and never had a problem. I guess that's why I assumed it was just reset the dev counter and go.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I dont know if i undertood but i think the question he need is: Can i reset the PCU counter without changing the Unit?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Hi Kevin, I very recently had the same problem with a GESTETNER DSm415PF, which I think falls within the same category with the AFICIO 1515, because I used the same drum & blade in it. To reset the PCU message: RESET the DV counter in service mode 7-992-004. It will clear the pcu message instantly.