Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    snirp

Ricoh Faxing Problem

We have a customer who has a Ricoh Aficio 1515MF who regularly faxes us long documents. We have 3 differents fax machines and 3 different numbers. But recently, when they send a fax, not the whole fax comes through. Sometimes, its blank halfway, sometimes its only a few pages. This is the only customer we have that problem with and we are the only ones they have a problem with.

Is it possible that the fax machines are not compatible? Or could it be the fax line itself? I've contacted support, but they cannot help.

Thanks.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh Faxing Problem

Quote Originally Posted by snirp View Post
    We have a customer who has a Ricoh Aficio 1515MF who regularly faxes us long documents. We have 3 differents fax machines and 3 different numbers. But recently, when they send a fax, not the whole fax comes through. Sometimes, its blank halfway, sometimes its only a few pages. This is the only customer we have that problem with and we are the only ones they have a problem with.

Is it possible that the fax machines are not compatible? Or could it be the fax line itself? I've contacted support, but they cannot help.

Thanks.
    Both are possible... But if it worked before and not now could phone lines or equipment failure. If your a tech you should have error reports/ service logs from the sending machine and or the receiving machine. That will tell you alot about what is going on.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

snirp
    Nope, no error messages at all. Both sending and receiving faxes think everything is fine.

hanna
    the Aficio 1515 has known compatibility issue with certain models - there are some recommended adjustments such as turning off ECM, adjusting attenuation, and a couple of others that i can't quite recall at the moment. for starters, turn off ECM and test it from there.

wow, just realized how old this thread is...never mind, you've probably moved on by now..

WassaG

Fax coms speed

The 1515 sometimes has problems comunicating with machines that use a lower BPS try slowing the initial bit rate down to 14400 mbps

WassaG

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    I had a similar problem on a 1027 with a fax option. I ended up turning off ECM (error correction mode), which I recommend to do first on any machines that have a faxing problem, and cleared the fax NCS in tech mode.

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ri...io-1027-a.html