Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copier Gawd 50+ Posts

bypass

Printing Problems

I am trying to print a duplex job consisting of an odd number of pages to letterhead (or preprinted, or prepunched) paper that I've placed in the paper tray. However, when I print the job, the last page prints with the image upside down--this has the effect of "placing" the letterhead, preprinted image, or prepunched holes, in the wrong location. What can I do to print my jobs correctly?

Answer

In our older machines, this can be resolved by having a technician change the setting of one of the machine's bit switches. The technician should turn on printer bit switch 2, bit 4. In our newer machines, when printing to letterhead, prepunched, or preprinted paper, simply set a user tools setting. The user tools setting is accessed by first pressing the User Tools/Counter button, then selecting Printer Features, then selecting the System tab, then pressing the Next button, and finally selecting Letterhead Setting. The Letterhead Setting can be set to OFF, ON (ALWAYS), or AUTO DETECT. When OFF (the default) is specified, original images are rotated 180 degrees, and this may cause the problems you are seeing with your jobs. Setting the machine to AUTO DETECT will allow the machine to detect whether letterhead, preprinted, or prepunched paper is being used, and will rotate the image appropriately. Setting the function to ON (ALWAYS) forces the machine to never rotate an original image.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC2500 duplex problem

Even though this thread is years old, I'm going to give some rep to this fellow above, since his description saved my proverbial a$$. Thanks!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Copier Gawd 50+ Posts
    thanks, my pleasure to help

Service Tech 50+ Posts jasonofx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mess View Post
    HELPFUL INFO
    Another year gone by, and this thread saved me a headache I've been working on for over 2 hours now. THANKS!

Copier Gawd 50+ Posts
    Yay glad it helped