Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nico

Ricoh MPC2500 duplex problem

Hey,

I have a problem with duplex printing on a MPC2500. When printing on
    letterhead's, the first page is printed on the backside and second on
    the frontside of the paper and so on. We have the same problem with
    blank preperforated paper but if we choose the option rotate in the printerdriver characteristics, then it is OK except if the number of pages to be printed is unpair. Then the last page is printed on the backside. Can someone help me. If we chose rotate for letterhead's, then he prints the first page on the frontside, second on the backside but it is printed up side down. According to Ricoh Belgium, this is normal...............!

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Gosh, I hate to say this, but I have read through this three or four times and every time I think the same thing, "The paper must be in the tray upside down."

I may be totally off base here, but that's what I keep going back to.

Also, keep in mind that the application that the job is being printed from could have a lot to do with this also. As well as the drivers. Double check all the application and driver settings. If that doesn't fix the issue (and it's not the paper orientation)... Try a different driver. If they are using a PCL driver, try downloading and installing the RPCS driver.

Good luck!

Nico
    Hey, thanks for your answer but I can say that the paper orientation in the tray is ok because if we take a copy from the 'glass plate' then the print is ok (but if we take a copy from the auto feeder, it's also printed up side down). I'll download the RPCS driver and try with this.
    bye.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar
    Perhaps you should only be using the letterhead for the first page, only.

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    ... if we take a copy from the 'glass plate' then the print is ok (but if we take a copy from the auto feeder, it's also printed up side down).
    Yeah, now that is normal. I had a tech call me the other day with a machine doing this and the customer swore that it had not done it before. But yes, that is normal.

Please, let us know what you find or how you resolve the issue.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC2500 duplex problem

Haven't seen this yet but I'm thinking the canned answer from mother Ricoh will be firmware and updated drivers. Are you guy's seeing this from XP or vista and what app's??
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Nico
    We have the problem in windows XP in all applications.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts jeffreyozz's Avatar
    I do agree with the print driver change. had a customer (1224c)that uses letterhead, and with one driver (pcl) they had to put the letterhead in backwards, with the rpcs everything was fine. Since RPCS is designed around the machine, my recommendation is to always have this driver installed and functioning on the pc, alongside the pcl driver. Then when you get a situation like this, you can easily rule out communication first.

Service Manager 250+ Posts FRIDGEMAGNET's Avatar
    Hi Nico
    I tried this on an MP3000 yesterday and couldn't get it to work either! Seems like whatever letterhead settings you have on the machine in User tools it still does this.
    I couldn't find a setting in the RPCS driver for page allocation to use one tray for 1st page and another tray for subsequent pages. This only appears in PCL driver.
    If you get an answer please let us know.

tonyd

hi

just wondering if you have tried system settings, printer features and letterhead setting on