Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ricoh Aficio SP C232DN error: SC542

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJay View Post
    I'm pretty sure the original post said the 'Printer Configuration' button was grayed out.

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat, which is what brought me here. I just downloaded a fresh (7 year-old) copy of SOM 2.05 from Ricoh, and attached via USB to a C231N with the SC 542 error. We have hundreds of 410s, 4100s, and other Ricoh printers, and they almost all give us fuser errors after a power outage. These printers that require SOM to reset the error are really annoying. I hope someone has an answer as to why the 'Printer Configuration' button might be grayed out, and how to make it clickable again.

Thanks!

--
    Jay Duff
    Mannheim School District 83
    Franklin Park, IL USA

Depending on the type of Ricoh Printer (I know this works for SP200 series printers) you have and the version of Smart Organizing Monitor (SOM) there is another way to access the service mode and reset SC codes, especially SC542. Follow the next steps
    1) Printer should be On and attached to your PC with USB
    2) Next Start Smart Organizing Monitor (SOM)
    3) In the bottom Left will be an "About" button, click on this button and a new screen will appear. The screen will roughly look like the sun on a horizon.
    4) Hold CTRL+SHFT and right CLICK TWICE in the Center of the Image (whitest spot). This will bring up the Service Mode
    5) In the Bottom Center of the new screen you should see a button labeled SC Fuser Reset. Click this button.
    6) Turn off printer and Turn back On.

This should clear the error code. As you should know if you do not resolve the underlying issue the problem will continue to occur and cause the code to reappear. Like any error simply resetting and ignoring may lead to permanent damage of your printers.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigL View Post
    Depending on the type of Ricoh Printer (I know this works for SP200 series printers) you have and the version of Smart Organizing Monitor (SOM) there is another way to access the service mode and reset SC codes, especially SC542. Follow the next steps
    1) Printer should be On and attached to your PC with USB
    2) Next Start Smart Organizing Monitor (SOM)
    3) In the bottom Left will be an "About" button, click on this button and a new screen will appear. The screen will roughly look like the sun on a horizon.
    4) Hold CTRL+SHFT and right CLICK TWICE in the Center of the Image (whitest spot). This will bring up the Service Mode
    5) In the Bottom Center of the new screen you should see a button labeled SC Fuser Reset. Click this button.
    6) Turn off printer and Turn back On.

This should clear the error code. As you should know if you do not resolve the underlying issue the problem will continue to occur and cause the code to reappear. Like any error simply resetting and ignoring may lead to permanent damage of your printers.
    No joy. Although, I did figure out what was causing me to see the status on the printer: I had another 3400 on the network! I turned it off, and now it just doesn't see my printer. I even tried the ctrl-shift double-right-click on the about window, and there is no response. No service mode.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio SP C232DN error: SC542

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJay View Post
    No joy. Although, I did figure out what was causing me to see the status on the printer: I had another 3400 on the network! I turned it off, and now it just doesn't see my printer. I even tried the ctrl-shift double-right-click on the about window, and there is no response. No service mode.
    This thread is almost 8 years old. If you need help, start a new thread or risk being ignored. We do not like grave diggers.