Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Ricoh Aficio 1515mf scan to mail setup

hey everybody, i'm new here
    and i have an issue that's troubling me for a long time.

we have at office several ricoh aficio 1515mf printers.
    i could not figure out how to setup scan to mail with this machine.

my final goal is to scan a document in the printer and to choose from the printer address book an email to send the file to.

sound easy right?

also i would love to know how to setup fax numbers in the machine address book so i don't have to type
    them manually every time.

i would appreciate any help or clues on how to get this working.

thanks

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Aficio 1515mf scan to mail setup

It's all in the manuals. It's too much work to write all instructions. You can download all manuals at the various Ricoh sites.

Technician

hey thanks for the reply.
    i've looked in the manual but i couldn't understand where to begin.

do i need the scan router software to be installed on my server?
    if yes, then which one? pro? lite? enterprise?

i wish there was an easy tutorial.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Easiest way - place a service call. Your maintenance provider will have all the details handy and it will probably take him / her about 30 seconds to do it if you provide all information required, i.e. SMTP server IP address, list of addresses you want to scan to, list of commonly used fax numbers etc.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

If you want to scan to folder, you have to install Scan-Router. Scan-Router isn't supported anymore. Scan to email is much easier. Fill in IP-adress, Subnetmask, Gateway, DNS=server, SMTP-server, and sender's email adress.

Technician

so what program should i use for scan to email?
    and do i need to install it on my server?

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shayx View Post
    so what program should i use for scan to email?
    and do i need to install it on my server?
    You don't need any additional software, but what you do need are:-

1/The I.P address/name of your SMTP mail server (if use use web mail, Hotmail, Google etc then this will be more complicated)
    2/A list of user's emails who are going to use the machine for scanning
    3/A made up email address for the copier (I usually go with something like ricohcopier@customerscompany.co.uk)

What you then need to do is:-

User tools/System Settings/File Transfer - "SMTP Server" - Input your email server IP/name (you will need to make sure the copier has the address of a DNS server if you are using the server name, not necessary if you are using just the IP)

In "Administrator's Email" fill in your made up email address (this is the address the users will see the scan to come from in Outlook/Lotus Notes etc) then in the same menu scroll down and set "Auto Specify Destination" to "On"

Go back to your PC and open up Internet Explorer, type the copier's IP address into the address bar, when the Web Image Monitor screen loads, click "Login" at the top right of the screen. Type "admin" into the user name and leave password blank. When you go back to the main screen you should now have a link on the LHS marked "Address Book" click this.

On the address book screen, click "Add". The only things you need to concern yourself with are "Name" and "Key Display" and when you scroll down "Email Address". Fill out the name "i.e Dave" and email address "dave.smith@customercompany.co.uk" of the user wishing to scan, scroll down and click "Save and Add Another"

When you've done scan destinations, do the same with Fax destinations but obviously fill out the fax number box rather than email.

When that is done (and remember to click save before closing the WIM window) go to the machine, press the scanner function key then press the 1/ABC key on the RHS of the ops panel, it should put the first user's email address as the destination onscreen. The user's shortkeys will be in the order they were inputted so let them know (or print off a sheet and stick it up above the machine). Fax destinations will be similar, press the fax function key and again the first shortkey (1/ABC) will be the first fax destination you inputted.

If you can't follow this or have difficulties, then you'd be best getting someone out to do it for you.

Technician

Administrator's Email, don't see any option like that in the settings...i have key operator email address...is this the equivalent option?
    plus i don't see any option to input DNS address.
    or where to set the Copier "fake" email address.

can you help me a little further?
    i don't have the option to go to someone to do it for me because in my country there isn't an official ricoh support technicians
    so they are clueless about it as i am.

i appreciate your assistant.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Technician

OK so there has been some progress.
    i managed to scan to mail, but the machine only send to mail addresses that are added to the speed dial
    using the web mode.
    if i enter an email manually then it won't send.

basiclly the machine have 16 speed dials and that is enough but i wanna understand why it won't send to a manually typed address.

thank to you all for all the support so far.
    Last edited by Shayx; 11-21-2011 at 11:58 AM.